iOps Solutions Owner
The CSST business unit develops, implements and manages secure, IT enabled solutions for the Emergency Service sector that enable an efficient, joined-up approach to the operation of public safety critical end to end business processes. In the context of a multi-£m delivery programme and subsequent managed service, this role is responsible for ensuring the definition and execution of a coherent technical approach across the design, implementation and integration of a number of Capita and 3rd party products that form the overall solution.
Scope of Role
Reporting to the Programme Director, this role has overall responsibility for the refinement and implementation of the solution identified during the bid phase. In particular this will involve confirming the overall technical strategy in liaison with the customer then overseeing and approving detailed design deliverables produced by work-stream technical leads as well as their subsequent implementation.
The holder will act as the senior interface between Capita's and the client's technical resources and architects. In order to perform this role the Solution Owner will have:
- Experience of the entire IT lifecycle from input into bids and shaping solutions to taking solutions through to implementation as an architect, delivery lead or design authority, ideally within a Public Safety context.
- The ability to contribute in multiple architectural domains including network and data centre infrastructure, application deployment and monitoring, data architecture and migration, Service Oriented Architecture, information security, integration and Enterprise Service Bus hence enabling rapid and appropriate adaptation to client requirements. The Solution Owner may not be an SME in all of these fields but should have a strong technical understanding of them.
- Experience in forming an architectural design within a project or programme of work and the excellent communication skills required to present complex issues to Capita staff, clients and executives in a succinct and understandable way.
- Experience and understanding of formal solution test activities and processes including application development testing, system integration testing, performance testing, user / operational acceptance testing and IT health checks.
- A keen focus on the quality of all design deliverables, in particular the ability to work collaboratively with the client and internally to ensure their appropriate definition and first-time approval
- A good understanding of cost drivers and the ability to ensure contracted commitments are met within budgetary constraints
- Technical and people leadership skills, including decisiveness and a willingness to be accountable, that give both the Capita and client technical/architecture teams a high degree of confidence.
- Ensure that all contracted technical requirements are accounted for within the technical solution
- Ensure all design deliverables have a client agreed Product Description in advance of drafting
- Produce collaboratively and obtain customer acceptance of high level design deliverables including
- Solution Architecture
- Solution Data and Configuration Strategy
- Data Migration Strategy
- Data Centre Build Requirements
- Interfaces Overview
- Ensure detailed design deliverables are produced to appropriate quality standards and are consistent with high level design principles
- Advise / liaise with application development teams and 3rd parties as necessary to ensure overall solution integrity
- Monitor implementation work-stream activities and advise / influence the client and internally as necessary to ensure end-to-end solution integrity is maintained
- Provide technical support to the programme test team including advising on and reviewing test proposals, optimising use of test environments and progressing defect resolution activities
- Provide technical support to service transition, including advising on appropriate monitoring tools and making available the technical information required to facilitate on-going service.
- Provide programme level reporting of progress on technical activities including highlighting and proposing mitigation for technical risks and issues
- Challenge client and work stream technical leads as necessary to ensure a robust and comprehensive technical solution is deployed that
- is consistent with customer requirements and high level design principles
- generally complies with industry best practise
- 'in-life' is capable of achieving contracted levels of availability through a mixture of solution architecture and appropriate monitoring
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.