ICT Support Engineer
ICT Support Engineer - Barnet
About the role
Capita, FTSE 100 and the UKs leading Business process Outsourcer have an opportunity for an ICT Support Engineer to join us in a field based role, covering the Barnet area and providing onsite ICT support to numerous schools within the area.
We provide an excellent front line IT service for our customers. You'll get to do an expanding, challenging and demanding role, providing a front line interface desktop, laptop and hardware support.
There is a company car as part of the package for this role. Candidates will need to be able to travel in and around the Barnet area.
About Capita | Managed Services
Capita Managed Services is part of Capita plc, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions, with 68,000 staff across the UK, Europe, South Africa and India.
We are the UK's leading IT transformation partner. Our secure IT services enable our clients to transform and deliver exceptional services whilst reducing cost.
Our services include; utility infrastructure, secure networks and applications management, right through to enterprise mobility services and managed desktop. With more than 1,000 security specialists; adept at operating in secure environments we are the experts at managing and protecting mission critical data and systems, whilst also transforming service.
We deliver a range of flexible ITIL accredited managed services for organisations across the public sector, including local authorities, central government bodies and the emergency services.
What you will do:
- Diagnosis of faults on standalone and networked PCs and IT equipment, Reporting to customer's staff, SICTSS and suppliers (if under warranty) when required.
- Carry out computer maintenance to proactively ensure that PCs are kept to high standard, including temporary file removal and hard drive maintenance,
- Ensure anti-virus and anti spy-ware software is up to date
- Make sure all ICT equipment has the relevant update patches, software drivers and firmware
- Resolve network problems including hardware and network protocols
- Installation of software on standalone and networked PCs
- Configuring of third party systems including Community Connect systems and network servers as required, and maintaining and updating all ICT documentation, including network diagrams
- Diagnosis and resolution of Software and Hardware faults
- Provide training to customer's staff to enable them to undertake routine tasks "in-house"
Your experience will include:
- Experience in either a helpdesk or Field based ICT Engineer role
- Good customer facing skills and excellent communication skills
- A driving licence
- Self-Management with Good Organisational Skills.
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you 23 day's holiday, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Listen | Create | Deliver
<img src="http://maps.google.com/maps/api/staticmap?center=Barnet&zoom=14&size=200x200&maptype=roadmap&markers=Barnet&color:ORANGE|label:A|&sensor=false&key=AIzaSyA1avTFqfXs_sttGUBwjK6mTjic1Y-zg2I" align="left" />
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.