3rd Line Desktop Infrastructure Support Engineer
JOB TITLE: 3rd Line Desktop Infrastructure Support Engineer
DURATION: 6 - 12 Months contract (option for renewals)
DAILY RATE: Highly competitive (dependent on level of experience)
CONDITIONS: This position requires candidates to be DV Cleared prior to working on client site.
On behalf of our client we are recruiting for a talented 3rd Line Desktop Infrastructure Support Engineer to hit the ground running from day one and play a significant role in providing 3rd Line Desktop Infrastructure support that includes incident and problem resolution, technical changes of end user devices, technologies, services and infrastructure, including (but not limited to):
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) such as Citrix and Microsoft RDS technologies.
- Windows operating systems and Hypervisor technologies such as Hyper-V and VMware.
- Physical and Virtual network appliances that fall out of scope of the company's network managed service.
- Provide Design input into these technologies as required.
- Provide Build input into these technologies, at both a service improvement and project level as required.
Whilst this role is primarily based in London, the 3rd Line Desktop Infrastructure Support Engineer will be required to travel to any to a number of client sites worldwide to assist with the installation, maintenance and support of any support systems or services.
To be considered for this position, we are seeking a 3rd Line Desktop Infrastructure Support Engineer that are highly proficient with the following technology areas:
- Windows Server 2008 - 2021R2, including the following service roles; Hyper-V, AD, DHCP, DNS, DFS, File Services, RDS, Group Policy.
- VMWare 5.0 onwards.
- Windows Desktop Operating systems; Windows 7 through to Windows 10.
- Citrix XenDesktop and XenApp 7.6 or later.
- Networking, Subnetting, Firewalling and IPV4 Fundamentals.
*** Please be aware that this position requires candidates to be DV Cleared prior to working on client site. We highly recommend that you research this level of clearance before applying to avoid any disappointment **
Duration: 6 - 12 Months
Daily Rate: Highly competitive (dependent on level of experience)
Please apply immediately with your most recent copy of your CV, ensuring the start and end dates of past projects / employment are correct.
Capita TRACS welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita TRACS is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.