6 days left
- Job Type
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Senior Buyer to work for a large engineering and support service provider based in Plymouth.
The organisation is at FTSE100 business; the UK's leading provider of engineering support to the Ministry of Defence (MOD) and the Armed forces. You'll be working as part of the organisation's Supply Chain Function within Naval Marine sitting within Procurement Operations Centre.
Key duties and responsibilities
These new roles will be embedded within the Project environments throughout Naval Marine. They will be expected to add value to the Projects in defining the Supply Chain Strategy, Sourcing and Contracting and holding excellent competencies within Supply and Risk Management. Key Success criteria would include enhancing the measurable value delivered to the end customer; whilst ensuring a strong health, safety and environmental ethos is applied throughout the supply chain.
The main responsibilities are as follows:
- Captures specific project requirements and builds into supply chain requirements against the six step sourcing methodology.
- Design of a supply solution to meet project requirements and maximise performance whilst minimising risk and complexity.
- Maintaining interfaces with Group and Divisional category strategies where they impact upon project.
- Managing sourcing and tendering processes in accordance with agreed project deliverables.
- Leading negotiations with suppliers to ensure that the most cost effective supply solutions are obtained.
- Ensuring that our client's commercial position is best protected through use of agreed terms and conditions of contract; purchase orders and negotiation and agreement of terms in line with scope.
- Ensuring that all technical and quality requirements are fully satisfied and that all material and service requirements are supplied in accordance with Project schedules.
- Establishing supplier performance monitoring and development initiatives.
- Coordination with Operational Procurement team to ensure project requirements are executed on time.
- Execution of processes, and interfaces with finance, to ensure on-time payment to suppliers.
- Timely provision of management information in line with reporting requirements.
- Ensure that all technical and quality requirements are fully satisfied and that all material and service requirements are supplied in accordance with specifications provided. Assure appropriate information is provided such as specifications, drawings and quality requirements.
- Support to bids and business growth activities as required.
- Proactively manages elements of the Make or Buy Process to enhance business outputs.
What you'll need?
- Supply Chain Performance
- Excellent relationship management ability
- Effective communication skills
- Good IT Technical Awareness.
- Ability to Organise and Coordinate data.
- Market Analysis
- Ability to deal with Business Complexity.
- Awareness of IT Security Policies and Procedures.
- Proficient in the use of Standard Corporate Computer Applications e.g. Microsoft Office.
- Good Interpersonal, oral and written skills with the ability to communicate and interface effectively with colleagues, managers and customers of all levels including Senior Directors.
- Self-Motivated with an enthusiastic attitude and ability to use initiative in order to achieve and measure results.
- Flexible, adapting quickly to new technology, methods and/or standards.
What's on Offer?
- Starting salary £30,000 to £35,000
- Full time permanent position
- 25 days annual leave
- Flexible working hours
- A host of flexible benefits.
- Career opportunities with a FTSE100 business
If you are interested in this position please apply below or call Francesca Robinson on 01179309771 to discuss further
Apply for Senior Buyer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly