Senior Security / SOC Analyst
3 days left
- Job Type
Role: Senior Security Analyst
Location: South West
Clearance: SC / DV
Rate: £Market Rate
The role of the SOC Analyst within the Security Operations Centre (SOC) is keeping abreast of evolving Cyber threats and identifying new and sophisticated methods of detecting.
You will be responsible for analysing network, application and system log events in order to identify any potentially abnormal system behaviours and raise them as incidents for investigation. These will then be investigated to establish if these are expected events or a security threat whereby they will be escalated to appropriate customer or technical resources for remedial action
As a security analyst it is likely you will provide a Technical Escalation Point during security incidents, establishing the extent of an attack, the business impacts, and advising on how best to contain the incident along with advice on systems hardening and mitigation measures to prevent a reoccurrence.
In addition, as a Level 2 Security Analyst you will have the important role of working with industry leaders, external organizations and trusted partners to constantly tune our service by designing advance detection rules to be implemented into our SIEM (Security Information and Event Management) Solution.
- Maintain keen understanding of evolving Internet threats to ensure the security of client networks
- Write technical articles for internal knowledge base
- Participate in knowledge sharing with other analysts and develop solutions efficiently
- Coordinate or participate in individual or team projects
- Perform other essential duties as assigned
- An active interest in software systems/engineering and/or secure communications and Information systems and/or system security architecture and/or malware
- Experience in network and systems monitoring
- Qualifications within the IT Security field desirable though not essential. SANS Certified Intrusion Analyst (GCIA), Certified Incident Handler (GCIH), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- CREST – CRIA, CCHIA, CCNIA
- Experience of using SIEM tools and the terminology associated with them
- Knowledge and understanding of information technology concepts and technologies, as is knowledge of computer systems hardware and software, entity relationship models, design, protocols, attack vectors and methodologies
- Strong understanding of network monitoring and packet analysis tools
- An understanding of Information Security; relating to the Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability of information
- Significant experience with TCP/IP, Linux, UNIX, Windows, IP Routing
- Experience with ISO27001 standards and ITIL framework
- Exposure to IT service management best practices such as ITIL
- Software engineering, programming or scripting knowledge. Java, .Net
- Experience of mentoring or coaching members of a team
Candidates must hold valid UK Security Clearance or be able to attain the level of Clearance specified.
To apply please send a CV and covering letter outlining your suitability, salary requirements and availability to roles@CNDLtd.com.
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.
CND Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Apply for Senior Security / SOC Analyst
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More jobs like this
- £150,000 Plus Contract SC Central Government jobs in Bristol (City Centre)
- £150,000 Plus Contract SC Consultancy jobs in Bristol (City Centre)
- £150,000 Plus Contract SC Cyber Security jobs in Bristol (City Centre)
- £150,000 Plus Contract SC Defence jobs in Bristol (City Centre)
- £150,000 Plus Contract SC Digital Forensics jobs in Bristol (City Centre)