Marine Pipe Fitter
Marine Pipe Fitter - Plymouth
A market leading FTSE 100 Defence organisation is currently recruiting for Marine Pipe Fitters to take on permanents position ASAP. The company is highly regarded for its employee recognition and vital position in today's market place. You will be a driven individual who is looking to work in a fast paced environment with supportive team in a diverse and challenging environment.
You will be manufacturing pipe work in a variety of materials and sizes including steel, stainless steel, nickel alloy, copper alloy, conduit and plastics using both hand and hydraulic bending machines
The main responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- Take wore templates and manufacture pipes from templates and drawings
- Being able to undertake high integrity brazing and bore matching (TIG, MIG, MMA all to a minimum of class 2 would be an advantage.
- Installation and alignment of new pipe systems (including swaged and Teekay/Straub type fittings)
- Carry out system and equipment functional tests and surveys
- Work to engineering drawings and technical specifications
- Operating in a high risk environment you will have a good understating and respect for Health & Safety for yourself and other around you to ensure that everyone goes home safe every day
The successful candidate will display the following skills, experience and qualifications:
- Competent in the use of general workshop machinery and hand tools related to the role of Marine Pipe Fitter
- Ability to read engineering drawings and interpret work instructions
- Proven track record of completing work on time, cost and quality parameters
- Ideally will have worked in the marine industry with experience of Naval Ships and Submarines, Royal Fleet Auxiliary vessels or large commercial ships. Other relevant experience will be considered.
- Indentured Apprenticeship OR Level 3 Modern Apprenticeship in Coppersmith, Plumber or Marine Pipe Fitter discipline
What's on offer:
25 days annual leave
Competitive pension contribution
Share Save Scheme
Childcare Voucher Scheme
Cycle to work scheme
If you would like to be considered for the aforementioned position please submit an application or contact Tom Dugmore on 0117 930 9775