Fabricator - Plymouth
A market leading FTSE 100 Defence organisation is currently recruiting for Fabricators to take on permanent positions ASAP. The company is highly regarded for its employee recognition and vital position in today's market place. You will be a driven individual who is looking to work in a fast paced environment with supportive team in a diverse and challenging environment.
You will be an integral in ensuring serviceability of this fleet through detailed maintenance and refit periods by working within multi-trade teams to co-ordinate structural alterations and repairs onboard ships and submarines as well as in dedicated workshop facilities.
The main responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- Manufacture structural modules from engineering drawings
- Able to fabricate or alter structures in a variety of metals and thickness
- Competent at burning and the use of hand held Oxy -Fuel burning tools
- To be able to carry out surveys and pre - refit examinations of bulkheads and marine structural systems
- Work to engineering drawings and technical specifications
- Operating in a high risk environment you will have a good understating and respect for Health & Safety for yourself and other around you to ensure that everyone goes home safe every day
The successful candidate will display the following skills, experience and qualifications:
- Competent in the use of general workshop machinery and hand tools related to the role such as the use of grinders or disc cutters
- Ability to read engineering drawings and interpret work instructions
- Proven track record of completing work on time, cost and quality parameters
- Ideally will have worked in the marine industry with experience of Naval Ships and Submarines, Royal Fleet Auxiliary vessels or large commercial ships. Other relevant experience will be considered.
- Indentured Apprenticeship OR Level 3 Modern Apprenticeship in a sheet metal or fabrication related discipline
What's on offer:
25 days annual leave
Competitive pension contribution
Share Save Scheme
Childcare Voucher Scheme
Cycle to work scheme
If you would like to be considered for the aforementioned position please submit an application or contact Tom Dugmore on 0117 930 9775