Manufacturing Test and Technician Support Technician
Manufacturing Test and Technician Support Technician (Semi-Skilled Operator) :
World class Defence Organisation based in Henlow, Bedfordshire is currently looking to recruit an experienced Manufacturing Test and Technician Support Technician.
Please Note: you must be eligible for SC (Secret Level) Security Clearance.
The contract is initially for 6 months (ongoing after).
Competitive hourly rates are being offered by the department.
Manufacturing Test and Technician Support Technician Job Description:
The Semi-Skilled Operator will be responsible for carrying out manufacturing tasks with support to test & Inspection within the Henlow facility, in accordance with product certification procedures, defined workmanship standards, allocated budgets and timescales to meet project objectives.
• Required to carry out painting, packing and unpacking of explosives and other general operation in accordance with Henlow operating procedures.
• Carry out detailed, standard assembly / manufacturing activities, undertaking all work to requisite procedures, quality standards, safety requirements and timescales.
• Support to Manufacturing Technicians for testing on products to ensure that they meet agreed specifications.
• Contribute, as required, in the organisation of the team’s work to achieve an efficient flow.
• Ensure compliance with all associated procedures applicable to the manufacturing process.
• Maintain a safe working environment.
• Maintain a good housekeeping policy.
• Willing to contribute to an environment of process improvement.
• Be able to work in a team environment.
Previous experience in the aerospace or defence industry would be desirable.
Role requirements (skills, training and qualifications):
• Able to work in a team environment.
• Some engineering experience would be an advantage.
• 4 GCSE’s to include English & Maths
• ESD training.
• Live Build training (will be provided).