Principal Transport Planner
The purpose of these roles is to act as a senior figure within the transport planning team and to support the Transport Planning Team Leader by providing the technical lead for a variety of transportation planning projects. In addition the role will involve some responsibilities for business development / winning work and project management in accordance with Capita BMS.
The position will be within the Design Consultancy team of Engineering Services reporting directly to the Transport Planning Team Leader. This is an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated and suitably qualified professional to provide a key role in the development of our successful Transport Planning Team through maximising the opportunities of the Partnership, frameworks and develop our existing Client base.
We are seeking to fill two Principal Transport Planning posts and would expect the two successful candidates to have different, but complementary range of key transport planning technical experience. This is to ensure the team has a full range of transport planning skills at a senior level and enable us to effectively compete in both public and private sector markets.
This role will be based in our offices in North Tyneside. However, travelling may be required to other Capita offices or Client offices.
- The successful candiate will be required to:
- Have extensive knowledge and experience of current Transport Planning and Modelling techniques and practices.
- Manage Transport Planning projects in accordance with Capita BMS.
- Provide the technical lead on a transportation projects and / or provide the technical transport planning lead for wider multi-disciplinary projects.
- Manage, develop, coach and motivate junior members of staff within the Transport Planning Team to achieve high levels of performance;
- Develop links with other areas of the Capita business to maximise Transport Planning opportunities.
- Ensure that financial outcomes are achieved or exceeded for those projects under the management of the Principal Transport Planner through sound business and financial management.
- Take a proactive approach to the reporting and mitigation of matters which present a risk to the successful delivery of Transport Planning Projects.
- Be proficient in a wide range of IT skills including Microsoft Office (including Microsoft Project).
- Play a lead role on Transport Planning business development activities in the Region and support the Transport Planning Team Leader and the Design Business Manager in strategic development opportunities.
- Deputise for the Transport Planning Team Leader when required.
In addition, the post-holder will be expected to undertake other reasonable duties, as required by the business.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate experience of below:
- Have a minimum of 7 years post qualification experience in Transport Planning.
- Maintain excellent working relationships with existing Clients and deliver quality services to maximise opportunities for repeat business.
- Take responsibility for the quality delivery and management of Transport Planning projects.
- Be able to operate at a high level of proficiency and take a technical lead in at least 3 of the following transport planning sub-disciplines; Transport Policy and Strategy, Data collection & Analysis, Transport Modelling and Forecasting, Transport Assessment, Development Control, Travel Planning, Transport Economics and Appraisal, Feasibility Studies and Concept Design Development, Commercial and Operational Management of Transport Systems.
- Have experience of successfully developing junior staff members.
- Successful business development experience/skills and use this to support the Transport Planning Team leader.
- Hold a full UK driving licence.
- Experience of direct line management responsibilities including team building, performance management, resource planning, supporting with training and development of staff and improving and staff welfare.
- Successful experience of the Capita method of business through monthly: financial forecasting, invoicing and reporting for the team's programme of projects
- Be qualified to Chartered status ideally TPP, CEng or MRTPI, or if not, make a commitment to become Chartered or equivalent within 12 months.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.Listen | Create | Deliver
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.