Vehicle Fitter, £24,300 +£3,000 Bonus + Benefits + pension + FTSE 100 organisation located in Longmoor,
I am recruiting on behalf of the UK's leading engineering support organisation. They have a requirement for a number of Vehicle Fitters to be part of a key team supporting the maintenance and repair of the Army fleet of armoured vehicles.
The successful Vehicle Fitter will be responsible for identifying faults and repairing a number of specialist vehicles. You will be working in a large, highly skilled team in a n expansive workshop environment.
As these are specialist vehicles, if you come from a civilian background you will be provide with all the training and support required to work on them.
- Undertake diagnostic and inspection duties on equipment.
- Ensure that time cards are filled out correctly daily.
- Completion equipment documentation and test certificates / reports.
- Ensure stores and equipment issued to job is used for their correct purpose.
- Maintain the requirements of COSHH, Health & Safety and other statutory regulations. Ensure a good standard of housekeeping, cleanliness and safety in his work area to ensure the correct disposal of any hazardous or waste products.
- Maintain tools and equipment in a good serviceable order, reporting any faults to the Team Leader and is responsible for their security at all times.
- Consult his Team Leader regarding any problems affecting the repair process, especially when additional work is deemed necessary.
- Consult Team Leader regarding any problems affecting Quality or Health & Safety.
- The post holder will be required to work flexibly and should be prepared to perform other tasks that are outside the normal duties of the post but are within the capabilities and grade
- Always look for Continuous Improvement and efficient ways of working, promoting good ideas and suggestions.
The ideal candidate will be;
- A time served apprentice mechanic or military equivalent ( REME or Royal Engineer Class 1 mechanics)
- Safety conscious
- Able to work effectively as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills
If you are an experienced civilian vehicle mechanic or Military Class 1 Engineer get in touch for more information. or 0117 9309 726