Procurement Specialist (Air & Space)
6 days left
- Job Type
Procurement Specialist (Air & Space)
Competitive In-Line with Experience + Benefits
We are looking to recruit a Procurement Specialist to work on a new permanent opportunity for a multinational defence and technology business based from their regional headquarters in Farnborough, Hampshire.
The organisation is a FTSE250 defence technology business and one of the world's leading defence, aerospace, and technology and security companies. They deliver technology-based services and solutions, ground-breaking products and unrivalled research capabilities to solve some of the world's most challenging problems. This role is positioned within the Bidding and Programmes procurement team focusing on Air & Space and is accountable for providing a best in class procurement service to Campaigns, Bids and Project teams where any given third party requirements may be identified within the business.
This is a unique and exciting opportunity to work within the defence and aerospace industry with leading defence contractors delivering capabilities to various projects including Unmanned Air Systems, Fast Jets, Airborne Surveillance, and Satellites. The role is also uniquely positioned within a Procurement organisation where visibility at Director-level is regular and encouraged allowing you to truly make a difference.
- Working with Business Winning colleagues to develop proposals and tenders agreeing appropriate methodology in which to lead and/or facilitate supply-chain interaction and negotiation;
- Provide high quality inputs into all bids/projects through written and verbal means to ensure best practice sourcing;
- Through effective supplier engagement, ensure the provision of accurate cost information for bidding purposes
- Bid management to include development of sourcing strategy, stakeholder mapping and engagement, bid solicitation, contract negotiation and award, and on-going supplier governance
- Responsible for implementing competitive agreements with preferred partners to support core demand
- Execution of sourcing plans, especially implementation of change programs involving new suppliers
Sourcing of one-off, high value goods and services such as Unmanned Air Systems, FAST Jets, Helicopters, Radars as well as Design, Consultancy and Advisory Services
- Reporting against targets within Procurement and across the business;
- Due to increasing growth in domestic and international markets, UK as well as international travel is likely.
Sourcing activities will be initiated both by requests from end users for new requirements, and through proactive identification of opportunities to improve the quality of existing agreements. There will be a focus on ensuring Procurement is engaged sufficiently early, to drive the sourcing strategy, ensuring that the supply chain is fit-for-purpose and ensure value for money can be demonstrated both to the business and their customers.
- Experience and knowledge within direct procurement and bidding environment (preferably operating in the engineering, science and technology markets).
- Proven contract negotiation skills in both a strategic relationship and sourcing environment.
- Experience and/or understanding of the principles and delivery of; Strategic Sourcing, Category Management, - Knowledge and understanding of procurement systems and infrastructure.
- Ideally capable of identifying, negotiating and managing customer flow-down terms and conditions.
- Strong interpersonal communications and the ability to work independently and across multiple functions.
- Demonstrated high-level written and verbal communication skills.
- Problem solving ability, detail oriented ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Highly customer focused and motivated by exceeding customer expectations.
- Ability to operate and positively influence in a hybrid-matrix organisation
Independent worker with high degree of professionalism, and integrity.
- Business, Finance, Supply Chain Management or Engineering higher-level education or degree:
- MCIPS or equivalent professional qualification preferred
- Demonstrable procurement experience in a project management environment
- Security Clearance to be approved, held and maintained at level appropriate for this role (SC Level).
What's on Offer?
The role is offered on a full time basis with a competitive salary in line with experience working a 37 hour working week. Benefits include 25 days annual leave + bank holidays, contribution pension scheme up to 7%, share purchase scheme, life & income protection cover and a host of other flexible benefits such as holiday purchase, PMI, dental and childcare vouchers.
If this role sounds like an interesting opportunity for your next career move please apply online or call the recruitment team on 01179309734 for further information.
Apply for Procurement Specialist (Air & Space)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly