DV Cleared Network Administrator
2 days left
- Job Type
Position requires strong working knowledge of layer 2 and 3 networking along with production and administrative procedures for a highly visible program location. Position will also assist with the design and sustainment of the overall Extranet expansion through analysis, modelling, and simulation based on rapidly expanding subscriber site activations and remote user needs.
Maintains smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network administrators. Duties may include setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software and allocate mass storage space. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources
- Strong systems & software engineering and/or system administration process background depending on operational needs.
- Prior Network administrator experience
- Proven ability in Layer 2 and 3 Networking.
- Capable in both Windows and Unix/Linux systems administration and operating systems.
- Proven ability with network routers, switches, taps and firewalls.
- Demonstrated ability to analyse and prepare designs for networks in relation to intrusion detection systems.
- Ability to build and work with Network modelling tools
- Demonstrated experience with the management, design, and installation of servers, routers, switches, and network taps in a business environment.
- Extensive troubleshooting experience with Unix, Linux, Windows operating systems.
- Extensive troubleshooting experience with network hardware including but not limited to Juniper/Cisco switches, routers and Net Optics taps.
- Demonstrated PC and networking skills, including NetMeeting, conferencing servers.
- Working knowledge of reading blueprints and wiring server racks
- Systems administration experience with servers and network installations/integrations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to create presentation material for Base Leadership (e.g. Officers and management)
- Proficiency in all MS Office applications
- COTS/developed software skills
- Software Engineering background and experience
- Integration & Test experience
Apply for DV Cleared Network Administrator
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly