Our Defence & Aerospace client has a requirement for a Network Engineer to provide support to a Commercial network deployment on a UK Government installation. Position requires strong working knowledge of layer 2 and 3 networking along with production and administrative procedures for a highly visible program
the Network Administrator will also assist with the design and sustainment of the overall F-35 Extranet expansion through analysis, modelling, and simulation based on rapidly expanding subscriber site activations and remote user needs.
Responsibilities will include:
* Serving as Network Site Support Administrator
* Assisting Team Lead with determining associated IT needs
* Reviewing network schematics, diagrams, and other program documentation to assist with development and preparation of cost estimates
* Coordinating equipment installations with the local Communications facilities.
* Generating system documentation
* Troubleshooting program equipment and supporting network equipment
* Field testing of program network equipment
* Project Management to support network expansion and migration
* Provide technical training and supervision to teammates and clients.
* Provide technical assistance to clients relating to operation, use, and maintenance of workstations and network equipment
* Work with customers and internal personnel to manage related IT projects and
provide customer service and technical support
* Provide tiered troubleshooting within the scope of a Problem Management and
* Must be willing to travel, to include deployments for extended periods depending on operational needs. Position may require the ability to perform in an arduous duty environment.
* Must be capable of obtaining a UK Developed Vetting Security Clearance
* Strong systems & software engineering and/or system administration process background depending on operational needs.
* Prior Network administrator experience
o Experience in Layer 2 and 3 Networking.
o Experience in both Windows and Unix/Linux systems administration and operating systems.
o Experience with network routers, switches, taps and firewalls.
o Demonstrated ability to analyse and prepare designs for networks in relation to intrusion detection systems.
o Ability to build and work with Network modelling tools
o Demonstrated experience with the management, design, and installation of
servers, routers, switches, and network taps in a business environment.
o Extensive troubleshooting experience with Unix, Linux, Windows operating systems.
o Extensive troubleshooting experience with network hardware including but not limited to Juniper/Cisco switches, routers and Net Optics taps.
o Demonstrated PC and networking skills, including NetMeeting, conferencing servers.
o Working knowledge of reading blueprints and wiring server racks
o Systems administration experience with servers and network installations/integrations.
Desirable But Not Essential Skills:
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to create presentation material for Base Leadership (e.g. Officers and management)
* Proficiency in all MS Office applications
* COTS/developed software skills
* Software Engineering background and experience
* Integration & Test experience