We are looking to recruit a Procurement Specialist to work on an exciting new role for a FTSE100 engineering business based in Portsmouth, Hampshire.
The role is to provide operational procurement support to the Support Services Division of the organisation, which spends in excess of £450m per annum on goods and services. It is therefore essential that the operational procurement and delivery of these goods and services is as efficient and cost-effective as possible.
The Procurement Specialist will be responsible for providing an excellent operational Procurement service to the Business Unit, project or customer. The role will support the execution of the Divisional Procurement and Supply Chain strategy through sourcing, managing the operational performance of suppliers, inputting to bids, implementing Divisional and Group contracts and through close collaboration with operational staff in other functions.
- Generalist procurement activities including; Strategic Sourcing, negotiation and supplier selection
- Manage the day-to-day operational performance of suppliers in delivering goods and services
- Identify opportunities for value delivery and improvement in Procurement performance
- Work closely with Bid Teams to ensure that supplier information and pricing is provided in a timely manner to meet Bid requirements.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with operational stakeholders across the business, based on the provision of an excellent Procurement service
- Be the 'go to' person for operational Procurement and/or Supply Chain issues which impact the Business Unit
- Experience of working in a strategic Procurement function, with good knowledge and understanding of the value that Procurement can bring
- Experience of managing the performance of suppliers, including using metrics to review performance and conduct operational reviews
- Track record of undertaking sourcing, evaluation, negotiation, supplier selection, contract development and ongoing management
- Commercially astute, with the knowledge of how to use Procurement to unlock value for the business
- Business, Finance, Supply Chain Management or Engineering degree
- MCIPS (or studying towards) or equivalent professional qualification
What's on offer?
- Starting Salary £40,000
- Contributory pension scheme & a host of flexible benefits, including flexible working hours
- Career development opportunities with a FTSE100 organisation with a yearly turnover of over £4billion
- Full time permanent position Monday - Friday
If this sounds like an interesting opportunity for your next role please apply online or call the recruitment team on 01179 309734 for more information.