Network Support Engineer (SC/DV)
Network Support Engineer (SC/DV) - Contract - Gloucestershire - £competitive
Synergize Consulting are now hiring for a Network Support Engineer to work for a leading defence client based in Gloucestershire on a contract basis.
The Engineer as part of a larger 3rd-level Networks management team will provide specialist support for Network equipment and cabling (copper & fibre) infrastructure, including all IP network devices i.e. routers (including all onsite All Encrypted Network (AEN) routers), switches, cryptographic devices, Firewalls, VoIP and VTC services.
The Engineer will support LAN/WAN infrastructure through incident, change, problem and configuration management. The role will encompass support for Trails, projects and exercises, routine and emergency maintenance and Capacity and demand management.
- Commercial experience in a network support role, ideally within a government or defence environment
- Holding a JNCP/Junos certification such as JNCIA, JNCIP, JNCIE etc would be highly desirable
- Strong knowledge of Juniper routers and switches
- Previous LAN/WAN support and TCP/IP protocol knowledge
- Knowledge of ITIL would be desirable
- Due to the nature of the client, it would be an advantage for candidates to hold, or be eligible and willing to undergo, a certain level of security clearance (SC or DV).
If you are looking to take the next exciting step in your IT career, please send in your CV for immediate consideration.