Principal Combat Systems Engineer
Principal Combat Systems Engineer - Plymouth
An FTSE 100 company is currently recruiting for a Principal Combat Systems Engineer to take on a permanent position ASAP. The company is highly regarded for its employee recognition and vital position in today's market place. You will be a driven individual who is looking to work in a fast paced environment with supportive team in a diverse and challenging environment.
You will be working alongside other highly qualified and experienced engineers to deliver the design and technical capability to directly support the Royal Navy's Type 23 Frigates, Amphibious Warships and Single Role Mine Hunters.
The successful applicant will be responsible for interpreting customer requirements, setting and implementing the Combat System policy and leading the Combat System team to fully optimise activities performed on complex platforms through informed analysis of the up-to-date material state for the Class.
The main responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- Lead the Combat System engineering outputs ensuring that Ships meet SSA COM requirements through the provision of authoritative evidence that demonstrates that design intent has been achieved.
- Be the professional lead for Combat System engineering and manage the Combat System team SQEP, developing the training and capability to make this a sustainable function within the Common Support Model ensuring processes and SQEP are maintained to deliver the outputs of the Technical Authority.
- Maintain Combat System design intent and an understanding of the Combat System design intent through-life.
- Produce and manage Combat System Design Concession or Deviation requests. Conduct assessments of cumulative impact of design concession approvals.
- Manage Combat System Operational Concession or Deviation Requests outside the design intent (as appropriate).
- Maintain the Platform design baseline.
- Manage updates to in-service technical support documentation.
- Operate in support of the Maintain Margins Management Policy.
- Conduct impact assessment of proposed changes to maintenance on Combat System Equipment. (PCT)
- Support EMPs for Combat System equipment. Review and propose changes to the Equipment Fit Profile and/or Master Equipment Priority
- Manage test trials and acceptance requirements in ITEAP
- Maintain vessel signature assessment data.
The successful candidate will display the following skills and experience:
- Professionally registered engineer at CEng or above - or actively pursuing chartership.
- Degree qualified or above in an Engineering discipline (Systems or Electrical) - or experience equating to these standards at the discretion of the Warships Head of Platform Engineering Services.
- Experience with Technical Authority roles and functions.
- Experience with Combat System installation and through life support.
- Competency in verbal and written communication at Manager level.
- Operating at Manager level.
What's on offer:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave
- Competitive pension contribution
- Share Save Scheme
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
If you would like to be considered for the aforementioned position please submit an application or contact Tom Dugmore on 0117 9309 775