Senior Principle Design Engineer
5 days left
- Job Type
We are currently looking for a senior principle design engineer to work for our client in Bristol for an initial 9 months contract; the ideal candidate will be required to do the following.
* Managing design work in appropriate engineering disciplines.
* Executing duties in accordance with Company procedures for training, health and safety, personnel, quality and project requirements.
* Reviewing existing Company procedures and Project controls and identify new controls to provide improved quality assurance, and improved cost against deliverables.
* Acting as Design Authority for engineering aspects of our client's products.
* Authorising design documentation as required.
* Chairmanship of Design Reviews (of appropriate Categorisation) to identify best technical solution to fulfil Project objectives.
* Representing Group and/or Department as required.
* Managing design projects in accordance with Company Procedures.
* Managing work to time, cost and quality.
* Providing professional engineering support to surface ship, submarine, commercial and equipment projects.
* Providing business development support across our client's Design & Technology.
* Performance and management of system requirements, concept design and modelling.
* Ability to manage a team to interpret a design requirement and create a design solution.
* Acting as Independent Technical Assessor and performing Inter Department Checks, Concession Analysis, and the like.
* Preparation of Project and Department Plans and Tracking and Forecasting, Assistance in Preparation of Bids in related subjects,
* Recruitment and Management of staff at all appropriate levels.
* To behave at all times in a manner commensurate with that of a professional engineer.
* Manage staff as required in accordance with company and HR policies and procedures.
* Managing design teams involved in the preparation of technical aspects commercial tenders.
* Managing preparation of Technical Reviews in support of tender responses requiring design input.
* Acting as Design Manager responsible to Project Manager for Projects.
* Management of technical aspects of selecting sub-contractors and/or suppliers.
* Management of technical aspects of work carried out by sub-contractors and/or suppliers.
* Liaising with Project to resolve Project issues.
* Liaising with Production to resolve manufacturing problems.
* To actively seek and win work for the appropriate Discipline.
* Business Stream Directors and their Business Development Managers providing SQEP resource where possible.
* Appropriate Project Managers: for budgets, timescale and priorities.
* Design subcontractors: to ensure compliance with the Design Intent.
* Project and Production Teams: to resolve technical queries.
* Directly responsible to other PDEs or the Senior Operations Manager
Post Holder is authorised to:
* Manage the preparation, checking and authorising of design documentation.
* Represent our client's Design Authority when requested to do so.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements
Academic: It is essential that the post-holder has a minimum of a second class honours degree or comparable academic standard, in an appropriate discipline and should hold Chartered Engineer status via an appropriate Institution.
Experience: Demonstrable evidence of having worked in the field of the appropriate Discipline design, analysis and technical management at an appropriate level.
Apply for Senior Principle Design Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More jobs like this
- £70,000 - £79,999 Contract BPSS Administration / Secretarial jobs in Bristol (City Centre)
- £70,000 - £79,999 Contract BPSS Aerospace jobs in Bristol (City Centre)
- £70,000 - £79,999 Contract BPSS Banking jobs in Bristol (City Centre)
- £70,000 - £79,999 Contract BPSS Biotechnology jobs in Bristol (City Centre)
- £70,000 - £79,999 Contract BPSS Central Government jobs in Bristol (City Centre)