Project Planner/Scheduler - Microsoft Project Expert User
Job Title: Project Planner/Scheduler
Role Type: Permanent
Salary: Up to £40'000 dependent on experience
- The support of the IT Project Management Office.
- To support the management and delivery of tasks and projects within the PMO.
- To support complex programmes and projects by creating project schedules, utilising tools such as MS Project and EPM, taking in all customer requirements and available resources.
- Offering full support to the programme and project managers on a daily basis
Involvement on key projects within the project office
- Create Project Schedules for standard projects and large complex projects, taking all customer requirements and available resources into consideration.
- Develop and manage manpower loaded schedules for large complex projects involving full turnkey installations.
- Determine lead times in conjunction with Project Manager and all stakeholders.
Support Project Managers on planning, milestones and deliverables
- Anticipate schedule, cost and resource deviations through trend analysis and Earned Value Management (EVM)
- Actively assist Programme and Project Managers ability to deliver by anticipating Business and Programme needs and then offering support where possible.
- Knowledge of Project Management principles in accordance with industry standards.
- Working within the Project Life Cycle process to ensure the quality of the project is structured and achieved.
- Good working knowledge of modern scheduling and planning tools/techniques
- Skilled in the use of core Microsoft applications.
- Thorough knowledge and high proficiency with all aspects of Microsoft Project.
- Knowledge in the maintenance and control of Integrated Master Schedules
- Familiarity in applying all aspects of EVM to include the Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), work package structure, Performance Measurement Baseline (PMB).
- Knowledge in using risk tools, to analyse the overall integrated schedule performance
- Provide recommendations to mitigate risks to programme schedule
- Ability to own and drive forward good planning practice across the department
- Proven, strong analytical skills with attention to detail
- Ability to develop and provide project status presentations to senior leaders
- Ability to identify and forecast scheduling trends
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and committed to own duties and responsibilities
Experience & Qualifications
- Experience of working within a Project Management Office.
- Demonstrable experience of large scale, complex programmes and portfolios, including the management of schedule, risk, cost and Earned Value Management (EVM)
- Proven ability to apply sound logic when translating information into a logical sequence of events, which require fully linked dependencies
- Proven ability to understand and work with a technical and multi skilled team
- Prior Project Management/Control experience
- Industry recognised Project Management qualification would be advantageous.
- SC cleared to be held and maintained.
If you are interested in hearing more or you would like to have a conversation around this position before making an application you can reach me on 0161 924 1383 or via email on .
All applications will be handled in the strictest of confidence.