Head of IT Programmes
* Ensure the application of appropriate project governance to ensure compliance with legal and corporate requirements for the area of responsibility
* Work with IT Leadership Team to ensure best use of resources on Projects and Operational work.
* Communication of programme status (time, cost & quality, Successes, Opportunities, failures, threats) to internal stakeholders, ensuring that potential issues are escalated through the appropriate channels as soon as possible.
* Ensure that project managers are maintaining up-to-date, fully resourced project plans to enable integrated resourcing at the platform level (consistent with Risk Register, showing all dependencies and milestones) for currently contracted scope.
* Ensuring appropriate control of project changes, ensuring any change to scope (including due to missed dependencies) are formalised through the contract change process
* Ensure that up-to-date Project Management Plans (PMPs) in approved format are in place.
* Ensure Service Integration is managed correctly at end of project
* Work with Key Stakeholders to consistently improve team capability.
* Develop Project Managers and plan training requirements
* Represent IS as Installation Team Lead working with other Programme Managers from all internal business divisions
* Support operational escalation out of hours (DM rota)
* Drive and determination to achieve successful project delivery.
* Present a proactive and dynamic professional attitude to internal and external customers
* Highly professional in every aspect of their performance. Acts as an ambassador of the company
* Trustworthy, able to handle sensitive and confidential information.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Minimum 5 years' experience in Programme/Senior Project Management
* Leadership transformation capability
* Experience of managing a team of Project Managers in order to meet multiple projects within a programme
* APMP, Prince 2 Practitioner or equivalent
* SC Clearance
* Experience of supplier management at senior level
* Financial experience/budget management
* Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
* Good organisational, financial and numeric skills
* Experience of working in a IT environment preferred
* Good collaboration skills.
* Consistently drive through improvement of process
* Understanding of List X and security related companies preferred