Project Manager - Bespoke - Portsmouth
Project Manager - Portsmouth
One of the UK's Leading Partners in Science and Technology Research is looking for three Project Managers to come and join their Maritime Projects Division. They are a global organisation that is predominantly based in Europe, North America and Australia, but are going into emerging markets in Africa and South East Asia.
You will build and managing a team of highly technical multi-disciplined and enthusiastic individuals. There are three positions available within the Maritime Projects Division, each working on separate projects.
Three roles are available, each working on a different project:
- New Client Win: Experience of working with members of the investment team to develop the next generation RCS measurement system. Requires additional travel Malvern to liaise with capability team.
- Acoustic Signalling Project: Working on complex and critical sonar projects. Requires experiences of managing suppliers. Portsmouth based.
- Maritime Project: Software and System Integration experience is required. Portsmouth based.
You will work numerous stakeholders in a diverse team; the responsibilities include:
- Delivery the project to time, cost and quality
- Successful engagement with stakeholders
- Managing and maintaining the project team to develop a cost effective and extendible solution
- Production of robust project plans and resource/cost schedules (EPM)
- Production of open, honest and timely reports on the status of the project
- Leadership of the project through the system engineering life cycle
- Support the business to develop future pipeline work
- Promotion of best practice
Experience and Qualifications
- Previous experience / Good understanding of working within in a UK Government or Defence based environment.
- Previously knowledge / experience with Solution Development.
- Experience working with Complex or Critical Projects, such as; Systems Integration, Electronic Systems, or Management Solutions. Bespoke Projects experience is desirable.
- Experience of systems and software engineering disciplines and life cycle to develop complex products in the defence domain
- Track record of successful delivery of development and system integration of software and electronic systems projects to defined cost, time-scale and budget;
Location and Clearance
The positions are predominantly based in Portsmouth; travel to other facilities will be required.
The successful candidate must be willing to go through SC clearance upon starting. To be eligible candidates must have worked/lived in the UK for the last 5 years in order to be eligible.
For more information about the role, or to determine if you are eligible for SC Clearance please contact Mark Maxwell on 01619243659.