Network Design Engineer - SC
I am currently recruiting a SC cleared or clearable, Network Designer to be based in Basingstoke working for one of the UK's largest IT service providers. As a Network Design Engineer you will be expected to create build installations and configuration sets for a portfolio of Non-Standard Service Requests. This is initially a 6 month contract with potential extensions working with a defence sector.
This role is required to support the production of Impact Assessments, input into network designs/network configurations and providing technical guidance to implementation engineers.
The prime responsibilities of the Network Design Engineer are:
- Provide day to day support to the Programme and Project Managers to deliver the required network configurations within all Transition and Migration Work Packages.
- To support the Project Network Architects by configuring and implementing networks in line with the Network LLD designs
- To take ownership of network build documentation components for specific key programme activities such as Integration, Pre-Production and Live environment
- Ensure the build documentation produced is fit for purpose and reusable through the life of the project.
- Provide input into reports ,when required, to the Lead Network Architect, Project Network architects and Project Managers
- Liaise with other technical project team members such as Integrators and test engineers to ensure that the network element of the infrastructure and systems are built in a timely manner.
- Experience using Juniper and Cisco technologies
- Excellent knowledge and CLI experience of Junos and Cisco IOS
- Experience of configuring LAN switches from Juniper and Cisco portfolio.
- Routing protocols i.e. BGP,OSPF
- Other network protocols such as TCP and UDP
- VRF and VLAN configuration
- SVI/RVI configuration
- SNMPv3, Syslog, NTP configuration
- AAA configuration
- Access lists configuration
- IP Addressing design
- Network troubleshooting
- Passive infrastructure - i.e. OM3 fibre, 62.5 /50 micron, fibre termination types
- Juniper accreditation level JNCIS-ENT preferable; Juniper JNCIA-Junos
- Cisco accreditation CCNA preferable
If you have any interest please give me a call on 02076541422 or email me at Abdullah.Rajput@Lorien.co.uk