Implementation Consultant - Software/ Finance
My client are the world's leading provider of Information Intelligence are a leading Financial Brand and work with over 80% of the Fortune500. Their Professional Services team provides technology implementation, consulting and training services to external clients from a variety of industry sectors, often multinational corporations based in the UK and across EMEA.
They are currently seeking an Implementation Consultant with a background in indirect tax / tax & technology and/or software implementation to join the team in its delivery of Indirect Tax solutions.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
Undertake responsibility for delivery of Indirect Tax software implementation services throughout the complete project lifecycle - including:
· Working with clients' Tax / IT teams in understanding requirements - e.g. business / tax processes, etc.
· Implementing clients' Indirect Tax software - analysing requirements, designing, configuring, testing and documenting the solution and supporting clients during rollout, etc.
· Preparing and delivering client end user training - including supporting materials, etc.
· Undertaking project management activities - including project plans / timelines
· Resolving customer issues referred from Support team / helpdesk
· Engaging with / supporting other key Tax & Accounting / OneSource teams and partner organisations
· Assisting with (pre-)sales activities - e.g. software demonstrations, assessing / scoping new prospects, etc.
The Implementation Consultant will report to the Implementation Manager, directly supporting all members of the Indirect Tax implementation team and working alongside the wider team. This role does not include responsibility for line management but may require delegation and review of work to / from other team members.
Technical / Professional Skills & Competencies
· Technology background and/or software consulting / implementation experience (ideally client facing)
· Tax / accounting knowledge / experience (ideally indirect tax; relevant professional qualification desirable)
· Ability to communicate clearly and effectively - verbally and in writing
· Strong interpersonal / team-working skills
· Analytical approach to problem solving
· Strong focus on achieving customer / client satisfaction
· Enthusiasm / 'can-do' attitude & willingness to work in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to work effectively independently as well as collaboratively within a team
Education / Certifications
· University / undergraduate degree (or equivalent)
· A-Levels (or equivalent)
This role is primarily office-based though there will be some degree of travel to client sites required.