Research Engineer PhD - Crypto / Cyber Security / Vulnerability
Job Role: Research Engineer PhD - Crypto / Cyber Security / Vulnerability
Salary/Rate: £30,000 - £60,000 + DOE
Start Date: ASAP
Research Engineer PhD - Crypto / Cyber Security / Vulnerability - Permanent - Gloucestershire - Fantastic Salary - 30,000 - £65,000 + DOE
This is a chance to work with one of our well-established, innovative, high profile clients as a Vulnerability Engineer in a wider development team within a rapidly changing fast paced environment. They are looking for engineers who can solve problems and choose solutions for tasks that may not have the most clear cut outcomes.
Our client is looking are looking for Research Engineer, Lead and Principle level to conduct Vulnerability Research across multiple operating ecosystems (Windows, iOS, OSX, Android, Linux, etc.)
- BSc (2.1) or above in Computer Science or related discipline
- Knowledge of assembly and various scripting languages
- Experience in reverse engineering
- Understanding of cryptography and cryptographic systems
- An understanding of Agile Software Development
- Understanding of networking protocols
- Understanding of low level software architectures
- Proven analytical and systematic approach to resolving issues in a complex and demanding environment
- Commitment to an ethos of superior service and the ability to work under pressure
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work without supervision to organise, prioritise, delegate and complete multiple tasks on an ongoing basis
- A good understanding of domain space, the ability to look at the problem and understand the bigger picture
- An interest in new technologies and cyber security outside the work space - extra courses, learning new skills, blogs, make games, placements etc.
- Hardware, electronics, maths, programming or science background
- Direct vulnerability experience (anti-virus / security background)
- Rigorous understanding of engineering and it's processes
- Leadership qualities, team work and peer based learning
You will be willing to undergo and maintain a high level of security clearance.
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2017.
More jobs like this
- £60,000 - £69,999 Permanent SC Central Government jobs in Gloucestershire
- £60,000 - £69,999 Permanent SC Consultancy jobs in Gloucestershire
- £60,000 - £69,999 Permanent SC Cyber Security jobs in Gloucestershire
- £60,000 - £69,999 Permanent SC Defence jobs in Gloucestershire
- £60,000 - £69,999 Permanent SC Digital Forensics jobs in Gloucestershire