Technical Architect - Windows Server Technical Architect
Technical Architect - Windows Server Architect
We are currently recruiting for a Windows Server Technical Architect to join us for an initial 6 months contract assignment based in London. You will be working with our public sector end client.
As a Technical Architect, you will be part of the team delivering a Future State solution for a change.
The successful candidate will have to go through CTC clearance once they start.
- Attend appropriate workshops
- Create the maintain the detailed design (Physical Technology Model) based on the high level design (logical technology model) for all environments (production and non-production)
- The creation of the logical technology model (although this will sometimes be pre-created)
- Ensure that solutions are designed and fully documented for supportability and sustainability
- Liaise with Security to ensure the solution is designed and implemented with security considerations in mind from the start
- Works with peers to maintain direction and communicating the impact of solution design options
- Works with project teams and fellow architects to design end to end architectural solutions
- Represents the Architecture Community, interface with and participate in project, stakeholder updates
- Adheres and participates in on account Architecture Assurance / Solution Governance, Project Governance, change management, quality gates and design review processes as required
- Submit and lead design reviews via the Design Review process (DRP)
- Input to planning activities with the Project Manager
- Peer review of other architects design documentation via the DRP
Architecture / Design Documentation
One or more of the following architecture / design documentation will be required to be created for the project/solution. Ensuring that solutions are designed and fully documented for supportability and sustainability. Liaising with Security to ensure the solution is designed and implemented with security considerations in mind from the start.
- Options analysis for product/option selection (PES/DAR): create a criteria based options analysis based on agreed criteria/requirements to select the optimal solution option or product for a solution
- Logical Technology Model[s] (also known as High level Designs): deliverable describing the high level (logical) technical solution. Calling out key solution dependencies on other towers to complete the solution.
- Physical Technology Model[s] (also known as Low Level Designs): deliverable describing the detailed level (physical) technical solution. Calling out key solution dependencies on other towers to complete the solution.
- Migration Strategy / Transition Approach / Delivery Approach: working with the Project Manager to articulate how the change will be implemented to move from current to future state.
Windows Server Technical Architect:
- Hosting Environments
- Microsoft Windows background Physical and Virtualized compute platforms
- Windows 2003, 2008 and 2012 R2
- Build orchestration tools and Web and middleware products in both environments and Microsoft SQL database and VMware is desirable