Head of National Security Communications
The National Security Communications Team is looking for an outstanding leader to drive cross-government communications on key existing and emerging foreign, defence and security priorities.
The National Security Communications Team drives cross-government strategic communications on key existing and emerging foreign, defence and security priorities. Working closely with policy and communications colleagues in Cabinet Office, Foreign and Commonwealth Office, Ministry of Defence, Department for International Development and Home Office, the post holder will be responsible for planning, directing and evaluating strategic communications plans and providing central leadership to cross-government communications teams. This existing role will involve close working with senior stakeholders across government and the coordination of a range of complex and high profile challenges.
This role will involve close working with senior stakeholders across government and the coordination of a range of complex and high profile security challenges.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Strong leadership skills, including building and leading teams and creating virtual teams beyond your immediate organisation.
- An understanding of the whole communications mix, both paid for and no cost.
- A track record in the delivery of effective communications and/or engagement on a large scale.
- An ability to work to develop strategic ideas allied to a strong focus on delivery and results.
- The ability to influence and engage at all levels including the most senior stakeholders.
- Ability to coordinate and interpret complex information and identify emerging priorities.
- An understanding of the bigger policy picture and emerging socio-political trends.
The Cabinet Office is an equal opportunity employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. All information that we hold concerning you will be held and processed by The Cabinet Office strictly in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998.
Such data will be used by Cabinet Office to administer the Recruitment Campaign. The Cabinet Office will not supply any information you have passed to us to any third parties without your consent except where (1) such transfer is a necessary part of the activities we undertake, or (2) we are required to do so by operation of law.
As an individual, you have a right under the Data Protection Act 1998 to obtain information from us, including a description of the data that we hold on you. Should you have any queries concerning this right, please contact our Data Protection Officer.