We are looking to recruit a Buyer to work on a permanent basis for a FTSE100 engineering business based in Leicester.
The organisation is the UKs leading provider of engineering support services to the MoD and the Armed Forces. The Buyer will join a project procurement team that forms part of the organisations Marine & Technology division. This will involve the purchasing of parts, materials and services used on design and build projects for warships and submarines.
- To carry out procurement tasks for the Leicester based projects.
- Progressing electronic and manual purchase requisitions & placing purchase orders
- Pro-active order book management to increase supplier performance
- Interacting with Production reacting to day to day procurement requests and communicating requirements to associated teams.
- Contribute to weekly / monthly KPI reports and provide management information as requested.
- Creating root cause analysis / trending data to improve supplier delivery performance
- Working closely with suppliers and stores to ensure timely resolution to quality issues and working with the quality department
- Supporting sourcing activity for future bids through creation of RFI / RFP's
- Create daily management information for stakeholders
- Day-to-day point of contact for the operations teams
- Site visits across the Marine Business Unit and to key suppliers, as required, to support operations
Required Experience / Qualifications
- A recognised degree level qualification, equivalent certification or relevant experience.
- Membership of a relevant professional body (MCIPS), or studying towards.
- Proven track record, supported by evidence, of effective interpersonal skills.
- Experience in sourcing new materials and services.
- Strong eye for detail.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Power point).
What's on offer?
- Starting salary £29,250
- Contributory pension scheme & a host of flexible benefits, including flexible working hours
- Career development opportunities with a FTSE100 organisation with a yearly turnover of over £4billion
- Full time permanent position Monday - Friday
If this sounds like an interesting opportunity for your next role please apply online or call the recruitment team on 01179 309734 for more information.