Principal Electrical Engineer
1 day left
- Job Type
Principal Electrical Engineer - Plymouth
An FTSE 100 company is currently recruiting for a Principal Electrical Engineer to take on a permanent position ASAP. The company is highly regarded for its employee recognition and vital position in today's market place. You will be a driven individual who is looking to work in a fast paced environment with supportive team in a diverse and challenging environment.
You will be working alongside other highly qualified and experienced engineers to deliver the design and technical capability to directly support the Royal Navy's Type 23 Frigates, Amphibious Warships and Single Role Mine Hunters.
The successful applicant will be responsible for interpreting customer requirements, setting and implementing Electrical Systems policy and leading the Electrical System team to fully optimise activities performed on complex platforms through informed analysis of the up-to-date material state for the Class.
The main responsibilities of the role are as follows -
- Lead the WTA Electrical System engineering outputs ensuring that Ships meet SSA COM requirements through the provision of authoritative evidence that demonstrates that design intent has been achieved.
- Be the professional lead for Electrical System engineering and manage the Electrical System team, developing the training and capability to make this a sustainable function within the Common Support Model ensuring processes and SQEP are maintained to deliver the outputs of the Technical Authority.
- Maintain Electrical System design intent and an understanding of the Electrical System design intent through-life.
- Produce and manage Electrical System Design Concession or Deviation requests. Conduct assessments of cumulative impact of design concession approvals.
- Manage Electrical System Operational Concession or Deviation Requests outside the design intent (as appropriate).
- Maintain the Platform design baseline.
- Manage updates to in-service technical support documentation.
- Operate in support of the Maintain Margins Management Policy.
- Conduct impact assessments of proposed changes to maintenance on Electrical System Equipment. (PCT)
- Support EMPs for Electrical Class Managed equipment. Review and propose changes to the Equipment Fit Profile and/or Master Equipment Priority
- Manage test trials and acceptance requirements in ITEAP
- Maintain vessel signature assessment data.
- Conduct Technical Investigations on electrical system related issues.
- Manage updates to Surface Ship Definition Documentation.
The successful candidate will display the following skills and experience -
- Professionally registered engineer at CEng or above or actively pursuing chartership.
- Degree qualified or above in an Electrical Engineering discipline (Marine or Electrical) - or experience equating to these standards.
- Experience with Technical Authority roles and functions.
- Financial and Commercial Awareness.
- Project Management.
- Operating at Manager level.
- People Development Planning.
- Competency in verbal and written communication at Manager level.
- High Voltage experience (highly desirable).
What's on offer:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave
- Competitive pension contribution
- Share Save Scheme
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
If you would like to be considered for the aforementioned position please submit an application or contact Tom Dugmore on 0117 9309 775
Apply for Principal Electrical Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly