SC Cleared Principle Engineer (Aviation)
Global Private Defence leader are in the market for an experienced SC Cleared Principal Systems Engineer to work within an Aviation Power Solutions Sector to provide systems engineering expertise across multiple active and prospective projects within the Electric Aircraft domain.
Main Duties: You will have electrical power systems, and experience with power conversion and distribution products. This role will support a new flagship programme within the Electric Aircraft domain, overseeing the system integration and certification on a broad range of power product developments for our customer needs - and in turn feed specifications to constituent products. This new programme will produce a family of products that support the Power area strategy and technical roadmap. The role will require experience in power electronics with ability to solve complex technical problems on new and existing power products.
Essential Candidate Requirements:
- Significant experience within the Aerospace Industry, particularly power systems.
- Experience in performing the technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk analysis.
- Experience in supporting bids and proposals, ensuring customer requests for proposals (RFPs, or equivalent) are understood completely, enabling effective bid submissions to be generated. · Experience in defining and documenting the system-level solution in consultation with all relevant engineering functions.
- Collaboration with customer community to identify innovative candidate solutions for Power and Control products.
- Product development experience at team lead level.
- Experience of developing business technology strategies and implementing these within engineering, production and support teams.
Desired Candidate Requirements: · System modelling using MATLAB would be advantageous.
- Experienced in the design of Switch Mode Power Supplies.
- Experience using the Mentor Graphics tool suit; DxDesigner, Constraints Editor, HyperLynx tools such as Signal Integrity & Power Analyser, SystemVision simulation or equivalents would be advantageous.
- Experience of working with DOORS.
- Design or exposure to FPGA or DSP control.
- Knowledge of information or knowledge management solutions. Please call for further information.
Please call for further information