Project Data Manager
Project Data Manager
General Dynamics UK is a world-leader in the integration of cutting-edge defence and security systems, delivering decisive advantage to military, government and civil customers worldwide.
Our employee culture is one that thrives on innovation, embraces teamwork and possesses a strong will to succeed. The pioneering technologies and the quality of our people give us our competitive edge. Dynamics is not just part of our name, it’s part of our spirit.
The Project Data Manager Data role is responsible for ensuring that the information produced is captured in the tools and systems and is readily available to inform planning and key decision making. This role will be key in translating outputs from team workshops into useable and relevant codified processes and will require close working with other PMs. Responsible for Enterprise Project Manager (EPM) set up and development and will also contribute to delivery of best practice including the implementation of P3M good practice.
Start-up CA +3 – 6 months:
- Work with PMs to develop JPO baseline processes, capture within JPO tool set (EPM / SharePoint
- Establish data management to support multiple stakeholder monthly reporting Authority Battle Rhythm
- Build a data management plan and seek sign off with JPO Leads
- In conjunction with the Authority and senior JPO Leads, develop an effective I&KM data management procedure that supports the use and efficient re-use of information to feed management reporting and inform JPO decision making. E.g. Business rules, Dashboards, planning activities etc.
Transition +7 – 33 months:
- Working closely with the JPO Systems Developer implement EPM and other tools into JPO organisation to provide an integrated and logical data environment
- Build systems to maximise re-use of information and ease reporting requirements
- Implement JPO I&KM procedures and practice to support the role out of best use of project / programme data and management information
- Understanding of Information Analysis to support tool chain development
- Understanding of Microsoft Applications including SharePoint and EPPM.
- Project management – particularly IT projects.
- Experience of effective project management in complex teams.
- Experience of delivering IT projects
- Knowledge of Enterprise Architecture (e.g. TOGAF)
GDUK offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. A flexible benefits package, 25 days holiday and an attractive bonus scheme.