Parliamentary Affairs Manager - Brighton
Parliamentary Affairs Manager
Parliamentary Affairs | Communications | Engagement Strategy | Stakeholder Relationships | Engagement Strategy | Communications Strategy
£55,125 Per Annum
I am currently recruiting for a Parliamentary Affairs Manager to lead the delivery of our clients engagement with Parliamentary Stakeholders
- Develop an engagement strategy and plan to raise the clients' profile and build strong relationships with Parliamentary stakeholders, including MPs, relevant committees, devolved assemblies and cross-party groups.
- Maintain an overview of this engagement across the organisation, track Parliamentary stakeholders' positions on key matters, identify risks and issues, and monitor their perceptions of and attitudes towards the client.
- Manage the production of high-quality written and oral briefings so that senior colleagues are well prepared ahead of meetings, including select committee hearings.
- Manage the production of high-quality responses to MP briefings, MP correspondence, Parliamentary Questions and other relevant documents
- Maintain day-to-day contact with Parliamentary stakeholders, including keeping them updated on the organisations activities and announcements.
- Manage, develop and support direct reports.
- Experience of working within a role that involves engagement with the UK political system.
- Experience of developing and implementing communications strategy.
- Experience of the operation of Government and Parliament.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience of managing stakeholders and influencers.
- Experience of the pensions and/or financial services sector is an advantage but not essential.