1 day left
- Job Type
Technical Lead - Systems/Data Architect - Permanent - Andover - £55-65k PA
Technical Lead needed to be the technical authority for a programme developing a large and complex data model for a costing project. Government or Defence experience essential.The role will also involve some guidance and technical leadership of team members and the requirement to conduct skills and knowledge transfer to the staff on the programme as necessary.
- Completing the analysis and documentation of the system using MODAF standards,
- Oversight and guidance of a small team in the maintenance and enhancement of the existing Cost Model Components in the core Cost Base, including the provision of internal quality assurance.
- Supporting projects to exploit the cost base through the development of ad-hoc data models, in response to requests from customers.
- Championing and applying best practice and industry standard methods for systems development, including: data-standardisation & normalisation; implementing formal / structured interfaces; change management & configuration control; logic based process design and formal documentation of the same.
- Assisting in the analysis and specification of a replacement implementation of the current system, possibly using a standard enterprise technology.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Analyse and record system architectures in MODAF (knowledge of NAF desirable)
- Systems analysis and design.
- Design and implement robust application-application interfaces.
- Oracle system development to senior analyst/developer level including basic DBA activities (creating schemas and import/export).
- Write, debug and tune ANSI SQL.
- Produce and explain both logical and physical data models, understanding the importance of normalised structures and the control and resolution of many:many relationships.
- Design, implement and manage robust change control and configuration management processes to maintain data integrity and support audits for verification & certification.
- Standard component and system testing methods and principles, including regression testing and definition of boundary conditions and their use in designing formal tests.
- Design and develop in MS VBA, particularly as macros in Excel.
- Ability to clearly communicate technically complex ideas and information to non-technical programme and wider defence staff.
- Ability to operate in a high pressure environment with multiple priorities and tight timelines.
- Experience of manipulating of large data-sets using complex functions in MS Excel.
- Development and maintenance of applications implemented in Oracle APEX framework.
- Ability to use SAS analytics, especially design of the schema and ETL.
- Experience of designing and implementing data-standards and governance artefacts and processes.
- Experience of processing large volumes of data in MS Access.
- Understanding of accounting concepts and methods, (driver-based cost-allocation, NBV, depreciation).
- Security Clearance is desirable but not essential for this role. Candidates should be confident of their ability to achieve 'Security Cleared' (SC) status.
If you are the Technical Lead for this role get in touch ASAP!
Parity Professionals - Source, Develop, Transform
Parity Professionals Ltd acts in the capacity of an Employment Agency when providing permanent recruitment services.
Apply for Systems/Data Architect
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly