Information Security Consultant
- Role: Information Security Consultant
- Location: Bristol / Gloucestershire
- Salary: Competitive Salary + Benefits (£40,000 - £70,000 DOE)
Are you an experienced Information Security Consultant looking for a fresh opportunity that will enable you to work on some of the most critical security-specific Projects in the UK?
Our client has an established team of information and security professionals working across security-specific and multi-disciplined assignments alongside physical security, safety, systems and engineering colleagues.
They’re looking to expand the team in order to deliver an ever growing portfolio of Projects, opening up new roles within the business for qualified professionals who are looking for the next step in their career, presenting the opportunity to work across Projects which frequently involve new and interesting technologies, and system applications.
The new Consultants will work on assignments which vary in nature and size, and will be expected to contribute to managing project delivery and winning new business.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Providing security advice and guidance to clients in respect of their existing systems, technical refresh plans and new projects;
- Writing, reviewing and overseeing the production of system security policies and other documents to meet corporate or regulatory requirements;
- Identifying and establishing good security governance principles, procedures and documents appropriate to clients' business environments and priorities;
- Identifying and assessing information and system security risks and producing appropriate risk management and remediation plans.
The following requirements are essential to the role:
- Experience of carrying out security risk assessment and management assignments in complex environments;
- Broad knowledge of HMG Information Assurance Policies, Standards and Guidelines including MOD-specific procedures such as JSP440;
- CESG Certified Professional (CCP) at any level;
- Hold or be willing and eligible to hold HMG Security Clearance;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including listening;
- Ability to present technical arguments with clarity for a range of technical and non-technical readerships and audiences;
- Ability to work to tight deadlines under pressure while managing clients' expectations and delivering high quality work;
- Ability to work effectively on solo assignments, within multi-disciplinary teams and in a matrix organisation;
- Ambition to maintain and enhance personal technical and consultancy skills
The following requirements are desirable for the role:
- A qualification such as Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP);
- Associate or Full Membership of a relevant recognised professional body such as the British Computer Society (BCS) or the Institute of Information Security Professionals (IISP);
- Awareness of non-government security standards (e.g. the ISO27001 family) and codes of practice, including those relating to safety-critical and process control systems.
- Knowledge and experience of industrial control system security, including safety-critical and safety-related systems;
- Experience and understanding of security issues specific to UK regulated industries;
Please apply with your CV or contact me for further information – Kayleigh.firstname.lastname@example.org / 0117 9171500
Resource Group are acting as an employment/agency business in relation to this vacancy.