Strategic Portfolio Analyst
Strategic Portfolio Analyst
The role requires significant knowledge of both projects, programmes and portfolio delivery (5 years plus) as well as a good understanding of Strategic Planning and associated processes. The holder has to be able to translate the organisations strategic need into deliverable activity and subsequently determine status. The ability to work with numerous stakeholders at all levels (including up to Director level) is key; the successful candidate will need to be able to build and maintain strong credible relationships quickly, in particularly within the delivery community. Given the challenging nature of some of these engagements, the candidate will need to be robust and be able to influence where necessary, the ability to collate, assimilate and analyse a wide ranging data set in order to produce management information and recommendations is essential. Alongside this, strong verbal and written communication skills are a must.
CONDITIONS: DV Clearance is required for this position
*** Please be aware that DV Clearance is required for this position prior to contract commencement. We highly recommend that you research this level of clearance before applying to avoid any disappointment ***
- Provide a strategic overview of all programmes, projects and interdependencies in the Portfolio, and in the Transformation programme in particular; reporting anomalies or areas of concern to the Senior Management team.
- Provide strategic challenge, overview and scrutiny, ensuring alignment with wider policy and strategic initiatives and assuring the overall integrity and coherence of the portfolio.
- Develop, maintain and prepare a 'Management Dashboard' showing the status of the Transformation Portfolio against its Strategic Objectives, including agreed KPI's.
- Analyse the portfolio, produce decision enabling management information and make recommendations on Transformation Portfolio to the decision makers as required.
- Balance/optimise the portfolio and transformation programme in terms of strategic goal attainment vs. Delivery capacity/capability, aligning with business-as-usual priorities to ensure that the portfolio delivers the organisations strategy.
- Facilitate governance/portfolio workshops and meetings as required.
- Identify key stakeholders and ensure they are communicated to within a timely and effective manner.
- Provide support/information to business planning, balance of investment and the alignment of BAU portfolio resource allocations.
- Work with business areas to identify any gaps in initiatives and to understand what activities are planned to fill those gaps and seek out knowledge about how to access relevant information outside the portfolio office.
- Work with the strategic planning team to scan the horizon for impending strategy or policy changes that may impact on the composition of the portfolio, and communicate an impact analysis when policy or strategy changes.
- Liaise with the finance team regarding monitoring of financial spending and timing to ensure the portfolio is appropriately funded.
- Maintain a regular engagement with the portfolio delivery hub, to ensure input to and visibility of delivery assurance (such as plans, risks/issues registers and dependency logs)
- Engage with other key stakeholders such as the design authority and SDAs to develop and maintain a build logic.
- Maintain close relationships with other key programmes, business initiatives and other bodies, to ensure that there are no overlaps in responsibilities.
- Develop, implement and manage a re-usable prioritisation model.
- Coordinate portfolio prioritisation exercise.
- Id strategic initiatives are not as successful as expected and fail to deliver the expected benefits, help to analyse why, particularly to differentiate between a poor strategic ideas and the poor implementation of a good strategic idea.
- Support the development and maintenance of a single, consolidated transformation programme plan.
- Preparation of material for boards and meetings as appropriate.
- Strong PPM and Strategy/Business Planning skills.
- A minimum of 5 years working in a PMO with experience in Strategic PMO's ideally, Prince2, MSP, P30 and or MoP Practitioner.
- Data collation analysis and presentation.
- Production of portfolio build/balancing artefacts using various mediums including all Microsoft and MSP.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills to engage with Directors and Deputy Directors within the Client.
- Good interpersonal skills will not be a role for someone who is not comfortable with presenting, back up work or being challenged on work that has been produced.
- Good communications skills.
- Able to work well under pressure.
Then please apply immediately with your most recent copy of your CV, ensuring dates of past work history is correct and up-to-date. Capita TRACS welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. Capita TRACS is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.