Engineering Inspection Manager
Engineering Manager (Marine) - £55,000 + benefits and exceptional career progression - FTSE 100 organisation
I am recruiting a Marine Engineering Manager on behalf of a FTSE 100 Engineering Organization and true market leader within engineering support for the marine and defence industries.
The successful Engineering Manager will lead the Engineering Inspection Section/Team in their delivery of Engineering Inspection services (NDE, Radiography, Hull Survey, Metallurgy) to HM Naval vessels and customers. Ensure customer work/tasks (via plans/schedules/KPIs etc) are delivered safely, on time, to specification and within an agreed budget. Ensure close liaison with all key stakeholders throughout project and programmes.
- Manage the Engineering Inspection Section (AC26)
- Assist the Head of Fleet Technical Services in maximising the utilisation and the efficiency of all the production resource.
- Ensure that all tasks are carried out in accordance with the Company's safety, quality, cost and schedule requirements
- Implementation of the Company Safety, Quality and Environmental policies in the Engineering Inspection area of the business ensuring that assessments of risk are carried out which lead to safe working attitudes and practices (AC17)
- Lead and motivate all the Engineering Inspection staff to deliver the main objectives and purpose (AC26, 28)
- Ensure that adequate Suitably Qualified and Experienced resource and equipment is available to conduct Engineering Inspection activities in accordance with the Clyde Safety Management Arrangements (AC12)
- Ensure the requirements of IRR99 are met (AC18) through the EI team.
- Develop the team and function to a "best practice" position.
- HND in relevant engineering qualification
- Significant Engineering Management experience
- Industrial/marine engineering background
- Appreciation of an NDE Testing Environment
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a market leading organisation and lead a highly skilled team of engineers in a challenging but rewarding environment. If you are career focused and looking for your next role please get in touch for more information on 0117 9309 726 or