Senior Power Design Engineer
Senior Power Design Engineer
Raytheon UK is looking for an experienced senior engineer to make their mark on a broad and varied range of Aviation power conversion products on a new flagship programme for the More Electric Aircraft.
This role is a key player in defining the complete engineering product solution, bring together the integration of contributions from all other engineering disciplines – including hardware, software, safety, security and integrated logistics support.
The ability to work on projects from initial concept stage, developing the concepts through to final production is a key requirement. Alongside this, the ability to successfully interface with 3rd parties (for example: suppliers, industry experts, Universities, Customers) to understand how to realise a final product is also a major requirement for the role.
Above all, this is the ideal role for a self-starting engineer who wants to work on exciting projects and make a difference. The role will require experience in power electronics, preferably from the Aerospace Industry, with ability to solve complex technical problems on new and existing power products.
Essential Candidate Requirements:
- Good knowledge of high power (up to 200kW), electro-mechanical and / or thermal product design within harsh environments.
- Design circuits in analogue, power and digital
- Fully understand circuit operation, debug, diagnose and implement fixes
- Experience in working in E-CAD (Mentor preferred) for schematic capture and layout/placement
- Experience in interpretation of customer specs and end use environments
- Ability to develop concepts efficiently from limited or vague customer requirements and communicate potential solutions.
- Good problem solving skills, willing to take ownership as well as positively contributing within cross-functional teams.
- Good communication skills. Ability to tailor communications to level and audience at all levels.
- Proven analytical skills in circuit simulation and thermal analysis
- Work with Customers to develop the technical requirements and then manage these requirements through the product development
- Support Engineering management in the development and growth of power conversion designs and programme execution.
- Technical leadership of multi-disciplined engineering teams on major programmes
- Understands the principles of 6 Sigma and Lean Manufacturing.
- Ideally experienced in the use of Mentor with some of the following: Constraints Editor; Hyperlynx Power Analysis; SystemVision simulation
- Experience in LT Spice simulation & Orcad simulation would also be advantageous.
- Design of Switch Mode Power Supplies up to 5kW.
- Design of Invertor and Power Factor Correction.
- Design of Full Bridge, Flyback, Forward topologies or exposure to others.
- Design or exposure to FPGA or DSP control.
- Design or exposure to using NI Labview.
- Precision Analogue Design.
- EMC Filter Design.
- Reliability and calculation techniques.
- Stress & de-rating analysis.
- Product Quality Testing.
- Aviation Industry experience an advantage.
- Proven team leadership in Product Developments.
- HND / BSc in Electrical / Electronic Engineering or similar.
- Candidates with other qualifications and relevant experience will be considered.
- A Chartered Engineer or working towards becoming Chartered.
Raytheon UK is a subsidiary of Raytheon Company. We are a prime contractor and major supplier to the UK Ministry of Defence and have developed strong capabilities in mission systems integration in defence, National & Cyber security and commercial markets. Raytheon UK also designs, develops and manufactures a range of high-technology electronic systems and software solutions at its facilities in Harlow, Glenrothes, Gloucester, Waddington and Broughton.
Raytheon Company, with 2015 sales of $23 billion and 61,000 employees, is a technology and innovation leader specialising in defence, civil government and cybersecurity solutions. With a history of innovation spanning 94 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration, C5I products and services, sensing, effects, and mission support for customers in more than 80 countries. Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration and other capabilities in the areas of sensing; effects; and command, control, communications and intelligence systems, as well as cyber security and a broad range of mission support services. Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Mass Raytheon.
Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
- 25 days holiday + statutory holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Flexible Benefits
- Enhanced sick pay scheme
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success.
More jobs like this
- £60,000 - £69,999 Permanent None / Undisclosed Aerospace jobs in Glenrothes
- £60,000 - £69,999 Permanent None / Undisclosed Defence jobs in Glenrothes
- £60,000 - £69,999 Permanent None / Undisclosed Engineering jobs in Glenrothes
- £60,000 - £69,999 Permanent None / Undisclosed Management / Executive jobs in Glenrothes
- £60,000 - £69,999 Permanent None / Undisclosed Manufacturing jobs in Glenrothes