Principal Test Engineer
Principal Test Engineer
Raytheon UK is seeking an experienced Principal Test Engineer to work as part of a More Electric Aircraft programme engineering team to assess and deliver power product solutions for the Aviation Industry.
Raytheon is looking for a Test Architect /Principal Test Engineer experienced in electrical aviation product qualification and certification, to define, manage and execute the customer requirements for a range of power conversion products.
This role is the focal point for the complete test engineering solution on new flagship programme, supporting the integration of contributions from all other engineering disciplines – including hardware, software, safety and reliability. The successful candidate is expected to take ownership of the requirements verification, test strategy, planning and execution, with support from the Chief Engineer and Technical Leads.
The role holder will own the following deliverables and be accountable for delivering to cost and schedule:
- Acceptance strategy ensuring contractual/requirements traceability;
- Integrated Test, Evaluation and Acceptance Plan (ITEAP)
- Verification, Validation and Requirements Matrix (VVRM)
- Defect capture and resolution process and Defect database;
There will be a number of systems and products to be accepted by the customer over the course of the More Electric Aircraft Programme.
Essential Candidate Requirements:
- Knowledge of tools and process used for IV&V on electrical aviation system products.
- Good knowledge of high power, electro-mechanical and / or thermal product design within harsh environments.
- Demonstrable experience in planning and managing product and system integration and qualification testing for aviation compliance – DO160/MIL standards.
- Proven track record in integration, testing and acceptance of aviation products.
- Identification and management of appropriate test houses to support the product test plan.
- Ability to conduct and moderate requirements and acceptance workshops with the customer, supplier and engineering teams;
- Experience at tracking and reporting progress against the schedule of the test and acceptance deliverables and testing activities.
- Experience in interpretation of customer specs and end use environments.
- Work with Customers to develop the technical test requirements and then manage these requirements through the product development
- Good problem solving skills, willing to take ownership as well as positively contributing within cross-functional teams.
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to tailor communications to level and audience at all levels.
- Technical leadership of multi-disciplined engineering teams on major programmes
- Experience of the integration and testing of high power (100kW) and complex products
- Understands the principles of 6 Sigma and Lean Manufacturing.
- BSc / BEng/ MSc / MEng /PhD in Engineering or similar
- Experience using the Mentor Graphics tool suit; DxDesigner, Constraints Editor, HyperLynx tools such as Signal Integrity & Power Analyser, SystemVision simulation or equivalents would be advantageous
- Experienced in system modelling using MATLAB would be advantageous.
- Experienced in the design of Switch Mode Power Supplies.
- Experience of working with DOORS
- Proven Technical Test Leadership in Product Developments
Raytheon UK is a subsidiary of Raytheon Company. We are a prime contractor and major supplier to the UK Ministry of Defence and have developed strong capabilities in mission systems integration in defence, National & Cyber security and commercial markets. Raytheon UK also designs, develops and manufactures a range of high-technology electronic systems and software solutions at its facilities in Harlow, Glenrothes, Gloucester, Waddington and Broughton.
Raytheon Company, with 2015 sales of $23 billion and 61,000 employees, is a technology and innovation leader specialising in defence, civil government and cybersecurity solutions. With a history of innovation spanning 94 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration, C5I products and services, sensing, effects, and mission support for customers in more than 80 countries. Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration and other capabilities in the areas of sensing; effects; and command, control, communications and intelligence systems, as well as cyber security and a broad range of mission support services. Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Mass Raytheon.
Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
- 25 days holiday + statutory holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Flexible Benefits
- Enhanced sick pay scheme
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success.
More searches like this
- Aerospace SC Permanent £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in Chester
- Defence SC Permanent £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in Chester
- Engineering SC Permanent £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in Chester
- Management / Executive SC Permanent £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in Chester
- Manufacturing SC Permanent £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in Chester