IT Service Desk Manager - ITIL / Microsoft - Farnborough
IT Service Desk Manager - IT / Team Leader / ITIL
One of the UK's Leading Partners in Science and Technology Research is looking for IT Service Desk Manager to come and lead their dedicated IT Service Desk Team. They are a global organisation that is predominantly based in Europe, North America and Australia, but are going into emerging markets in Africa and South East Asia.
The successful candidate will be responsible for effectively and efficiently managing the IT Service Desk team for corporate internal and external customers. They will continually be making improvements and modifications to all IT Services to improve operating effectiveness and efficiency. To ensure excellent customer satisfaction of all Information Technology & Communication services provided.
- Leading the IT Service Desk team including managing the team and its workload in line with company policies and procedures; motivating the team encouraging high performance, and acting as a role model for corporate behaviours
- Supervision of the Service Management provision for the company's corporate and subsidiary businesses globally including the Incident, Request and Problem processes, ensuring high levels of performance in these processes, accurate reporting and investigating service improvement activities where required.
- Ensuring the resolution of IT Service Desk queries in a timely and professional way to corporate performance SLA, including ensuring that customers are kept informed of progress on service desk tickets.
- Management of Service Transition activities for all new services transitioned from project implementation into operational support.
- Problem ownership - investigation of underlying problem root causes, acting as an escalation point
- Relationship management with key suppliers
Experience and Qualifications
- Previously led a large diverse Service Desk
- Proven people management experience at a senior level
- Good understanding of Core Microsoft Technologies (Including Windows 7 and 10 as well as Office 2010 and 365)
- Experience with iOS and Android
- ITIL Certified
- CompTia Certifications
- ITSM experience
- Exceptional communication skills
Location and Clearance
The position is based in Farnborough and requires SC clearance so candidates must have worked/lived in the UK for the last 5 years in order to meet this requirement.
For more information about the role, or to determine if you are eligible for SC Clearance please contact Mark Maxwell on 01619243659.