Licensed Aircraft Engineer (B1.2) - Glasgow
- Job Type
A new opportunity has arisen for a Licensed Aircraft Engineer, qualified to EASA Part 66 B1.1 or B1.2 to join a leading FTSE 100 organisation based in Glasgow, supporting the delivery of the Light Aircraft Flying Task contract. The successful Licensed Aircraft Engineer will be reporting to the Operations Manager accountable for technical support to this and other LAFT sites.
- Provide a CRS signature for work carried out on company aircraft when appropriate to release an aircraft to service after defect rectification or scheduled maintenance IAW current EASA Part M and Part 145 approvals.
- Carry out and supervise aircraft engineering tasks on company aircraft/equipment in support of the University Air Squadron and Air Experience flight Task IAW current EASA Part M and Part 145 approvals.
- To assist in the Ground Movement of Aircraft and Flight Line Operations.
- As required assume responsibility for the site operations.
Successful candidate requirements;
- Senior Supervisory or Management experience in a Civil/Military Aviation environment.
- Aircraft engineering experience at Senior Supervisor/Management level.
- Full UK Driving Licence.
- EASA Part 66, B1.2, consideration will be given to candidates that have attained a substantial number of modules and experience towards attaining the licence
- IT Skills
- Proficient in use of Rusada computer system - desirable
- Human Factors Qualified
- Sound understanding of partnering and alliance between customers and contract.
- Wide range of knowledge of different departments within airfield operations.
What's on offer?
- Flexible benefits package
- Part of a FTSE 100 Organisation with excellent work/life balance
- Pension scheme
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a well established and growing organisation!
Successful applicants will be required to obtain UK MOD security clearance prior to appointment