Transport Management Solution Architect
Solution Architect - Transport Management
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Solution Architect to help take it to the next level in developing its Transport Management capability. As a key member of the IT Strategy & Architecture team, this individual will be at the heart of the team replacing the systems supporting this capability and integrating them with surrounding applications.
The successful candidate will have experience of particular significance to the business strategy and the need to undertake a significant overhaul of our Route Planning, Transport Management, Driver Management and Yard Management applications, so that we can deliver an efficient and responsive distribution capability to meet our customers' expectations.
As a solution architect, your role will include helping to shape the direction of the solution as well as ensuring that there is robust integration with other systems and services such as: Master Data Management, Warehouse Management Systems, Replenishment Systems etc. all from COTS products.
Within the role you will be expected to:
- Work closely with the business owners and subject matter experts, understanding the short and medium term strategy and shape the roadmap in this area
- Create "fit for purpose" high level solution designs that take into account considerations such as business continuity, ease of use, security
- Liaise with other teams, both technical and in the wider business
- Work closely with other members of the Team, reviewing detailed design deliverables to ensure conformance to our strategic direction and design.
- Participate in project governance for approval of design
It is important that you have:
- A solid background in Solution Architecture methodologies and toolsets.
- Solution architecture retail experience - with special emphasis on Transport Management Systems, including Route Planning and Optimisation, Transport Management, Telemetrics and Yard Management.
- A firm understanding of architectural principles and communicating these
- Proven ability to deliver flexible, reliable, supportable, cost effective IT solutions
- Demonstrable understanding of Service Oriented Architecture design and integration patterns
- Led and coordinated technical resources including designers and other architects
- Analytical and technical knowledge and experience
- Experience of working with 3rd party partners and software vendors during selection and configuration.