Project Quality Engineer
Project Quality Engineer - Bristol
A prestigious FTSE 100 defence company in Bristol have an opportunity for a Project Quality Engineer to join them on a permanent basis ASAP. You will be joining a diverse organisation that is highly regarded for their investment in their employee's development. You will be a self-motivated and driven individual open to the opportunity of working on sites throughout the UK and overseas.
The main responsibilities of the role are as follows -
Undertake Quality Assurance activities and ensure promotion of quality engineering principles and techniques in line with procedure, regulatory requirements and quality management objectives. As the primary point of guidance, you will support Site Engineers, acting as delegate for the Principal Quality Assurance Engineer on site in his/her absence.
This role located is located within the CISR project office in Bristol, enabling you to provide QA support for project activities, future bid support and external support across all DHFCS sites and supporting all other daily QA requirements for the Systems Support work streams at BITL sites.
Required Skills and Experience / Qualifications
- ONC, HNC, NVQ Level 3 qualification and a minimum of five years' experience in Quality Engineering in a Project based environment, within the last year.
- Membership of a recognised quality institute e.g. CQI would be desirable.
- Have a background in Defence or Communication based industries (Mechanical and/or Electrical) and familiar with the qualities levels and disciplines required.
- Experience in managing/leading employees within a Quality environment.
- Knowledge and experience of Quality Management Systems (IS09001, AQAP, AS9100, etc).
- Experience of auditing, ideally IS09001 lead auditor trained.
- Will have worked in a similar role on specification and requirements based contracts.
- Computer literate with good keyboard skills and understanding of MS Office applications.
- Will have an excellent working knowledge of quality tools and problem solving techniques, and able to provide guidance to others in the use of them (e.g. Pareto, FMEA, 5 why's, SD, etc.).
- Good time management skills.
What's on offer?
- Competitive Salary
- Pension Scheme
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- 33 days holiday inclusive of Bank Holidays
- On-site parking
- Flexible benefits
If you would like to be considered for the aforementioned position please submit an application or contact Tom Dugmore on 0117 9309 775