Senior DLP Consultant
Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society.
HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents.
HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
The role will sit within the Data Privacy & Protection (DPP) UK team based within Security Consulting and will require a extensive proven track record designing and deploying DLP Solutions.
The successful applicant will be the Principle DLP consultant and take responsibility for leading and guiding the other consultants. They will be the DLP subject matter expert within the team and be expected to provide DLP deployment experience and advice directly to our customers.
There will be a mixture of leading, advising DLP deployments and taking an active role in customer deployments.
The successful applicant will report directly to the Head of DPP UK&I and assist with the recruitment and training of the DLP team.
The successful applicant will expected to:
- Be a trusted advisor, create and maintain effective customer relationships, so as to insure customer satisfaction.
- Actively contribute to HP’s solutions portfolio by providing information ranging from technical knowledge to methodologies, based on experience gained from customer projects.
- Shape technical direction and technical strategies, within the organisation and for external customers.
- Be accountable for consistent and significant chargeability levels (or expense relief for internal project teams) and for assisting in meeting or exceeding revenue and customer satisfaction goals.
- Contribute to organisation’s profitability by generating and cultivating new business opportunities and by providing technical support for deal proposal development.
- Apply advanced subject matter knowledge to complex business issues, and is regarded by others within HPE as a subject matter expert.
- Frequently contribute to the development of new ideas/methods.
- Work on complex problems or projects where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors.
- Regularly exercise significant independent judgment within broadly defined policies and practices to determine best method for accomplishing work and achieving objectives.
- Sometimes direct and supervise within area of expertise but does not manage other employees as a primary job function.
- Lead and/or provide expertise to functional project teams and may participate in cross functional initiatives.
- Provide mentoring and guidance to employees at lower job levels.
- Act as an expert providing direction and guidance to process improvements and establishing policies. Frequently represents the organisation to external clients.
Qualifications - External Essential Requirement:
- Strong DLP design and deployment skills. Ideally, utilising The Symantec or McAfee product set.
- 3-5 years’ experience offering advice to senior members of a client team.
- The candidate must either hold a “SC” level clearance or be able to gain “SC”. (Further details will be given)
Key Competencies - Customer Focus:
- Understands the importance of total customer care and is able to demonstrate the ability to build longer-term business relationships.
- Has the ability to manage the customer’s expectations in addition to ensuring that a high level of service is delivered.
- Able to demonstrate excellent communication skills, influencing the customer to achieve a desirable outcome.
- Comes across open, clear and assertive, although, able to build effective long-term relationships.
- Able to build effective relationships at all levels of the organisation and plays an active part in the achievement of shared solutions and results.
- Leadership of assigned team members to ensure any work done is performed to defined HPE standards.
- Critically evaluates all available options and effectively executes conclusion to achieve desired result, working either independently or as part of a wider team.
- Self-motivated and resilient: Demonstrates a high level of energy and enthusiasm to achieve a positive result, can overcome obstacles.
- Is a self-starter and driven to succeed, whilst displaying a confident approach.
- Represents HPE to a high level of professionalism.
- Works well under pressure and deadlines.
- Always looking to grow the business and sell on further HPE services and products.
Planning & Organisation:
- Applies a resourceful approach to work, using time management skills and prioritising a complex workload.
- Structured and methodical, yet additionally able to adapt style to maximise the achievement of a positive result.