IDA - Installation Design Authority -Defence - SC
IDA - Installation Design Authority -Defence - SC - UK wide
My client is eager to employ the skills of experienced IDA's and Senior IDA Leads with SC or DV Clearance to play a pivotal role in a UK Wide Migration Project within the Defence sector that will affect over 300 sites.
Experienced and qualified staff are required to perform IDA duties as dictated by the demands of our clients Global Connectivity Programme, specifically for sites in the Northern area of the UK.
Our client is a leading Information and Communication Technology company offering a full range of technology products, solutions and services and rank amongst the top 3 largest IT Outsourcers in the world.
The following requirements will be mandatory in order to make a successful application:
- Hold 'SC' security clearance or higher.
- Good understanding of the purpose, organisation and structure of the UK MoD.
- Undertake and pass the MOD IDA course (held at RAF Henlow).
- Good understanding and working knowledge of the purposes of Secure IT systems and related Information Security (InfoSec) requirements as defined in JSP 440 and JSP604 leaflet 4800; SDIP29, CESG Memos and TEMPEST installation design criteria.
- Experience and knowledge of a range of cryptographic equipment and related connectivity parameters.
- Awareness and knowledge of the role of the Prime Contractor, System Designer Authority (SDA), Co-ordinating Installation Design Authority (CIDA), Site CIDA (SCIDA) and IDA within the UK MoD environment.
- Working knowledge of structured cabling systems including containment installation practices and test procedures;
- Working knowledge of computer network installation topology and hardware; LANs (particularly Ethernet and it's derivatives); WANs;
- Awareness of Health & Safety Regulations;
- Awareness of electrical and environmental standards (BS) relating to the computer room and user environments.
- Proficient in office applications, e.g. Word, Excel, Visio, and general IT skills.
- Knowledge of the AutoCAD application.
- Knowledge of the PRINCE 2 system of Project Management.
- Able to operate with minimal support within a highly motivated team of professionals.
- Effective communicator; Good written and spoken English.
If so, please apply to a brand new long term UK wide contract within the Defence Sector.
To apply please contact Patrick at Project People on (0117) 9087000 or attach your CV in response to this ad- alternatively please e-mail me direct on firstname.lastname@example.org
Project People Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.