DV Cleared Principal Information Assurance Advisor - Wiltshire - 15 months - £480 per day
Our MOD client based in Wiltshire is seeking a DV cleared Principle Information Assurance (IA) Advisor on a long term contract.
As the Principal Information Assurance (IA) Advisor your tasks and deliverables include;
- Ensure that MOD is kept abreast of developing new methods, tools and technologies in the field of Information Assurance and Cyber Defence;
- Ensure that customers and stakeholders receive sound security related advice, underpinned by research, on a range of projects that may be at any stage of the product lifecycle;
- Provide technical quality and maximise the value of research through effective collaboration and partnering with relevant external bodies such as international partners, and academia, as well as within Government;
- Contribute to maintaining and extending the profile and reputation of the Team through authoritative representation at meetings with government departments and suppliers, as well as at national and international conferences;
- Advise across Government in your area of expertise, including potentially briefing senior officials to ensure robust decision making within Government;
- Align the work in their area with overall programme objectives, the work of others and evolving security challenges to ensure coherence of advice to stakeholders and build capability in this area;
- Influence, guide and direct the work of others, through technical leadership and review, in order to ensure delivery of high impact science and technology;
- Take a broad perspective across programmes & capabilities to ensure maximum benefit for customers and stakeholders such as value for money, judicious procurement, effective partnering and assurance of work.
- A first degree or post-graduate qualification in computer science or a relevant subject (e.g. information or cyber security) is essential.
- A computer security qualification such as CISSP is highly desirable.
- An associate member or full member of a professional body such as British Computer Society (BCS) or Institute of Engineering Technology (IET) is desirable
Technical/Professional Knowledge and Skills
- Effective communication, in written and verbal format, of research and/ or project outcomes and/or technical solutions
- A good understanding of the tenets of Information Assurance and Cyber Defence and the challenges of its application to high assurance contexts.
- Demonstrable knowledge of the methods, tools and techniques that underpin Cyber Security and how they are applied.
- Demonstrable understanding of the range and roles of controls that provide for appropriate cyber security.
- Demonstrable understanding of the challenges of achieving good cyber security for complex systems.
- An understanding of the role of information and management l systems in military platforms and the challenges of securing them.
- Demonstrable knowledge of how the MoD acquires and manages the procurement of new communication and information systems.
- Demonstrable understanding of current MOD approaches, organisation and policy for providing IA and Cyber Defence.
- Applicants should have demonstrable experience of evolving the IA and Cyber Security domain both in terms of technical content and its application to MOD priorities.
- Experience of customer requirements capture and delivery of successful outcomes against those requirements is essential.
- A proven track record in delivering research into or the practical application of computer (cyber) security measures.
- Demonstrable experience of technical leadership in complex programmes.
- Previous experience of the MOD, its organisation and processes.
- Experience of military CIS systems.
- Evidence of mentoring or developing capability in others.
- The applicants’ knowledge and experience will have led to demonstrable external recognition as an IA and Cyber Defence expert.
Please note: Successful candidates are required to hold or undergo a minimum of DV clearance. You will need to be willing, and eligible, to undergo this level of clearance.
The application deadline for this opportunity is 3rd March 2017 at 8.30am. Any applications after this date and time will not be considered.