Project Manager - Investment - Malvern
Project Manager - Investment - Portsmouth
One of the UK's Leading Partners in Science and Technology Research is looking for Project Manager to come and join their Maritime Projects Division. They are a global organisation that is predominantly based in Europe, North America and Australia, but are going into emerging markets in Africa and South East Asia.
You will build and manage a team of highly technical multi-disciplined and enthusiastic radar, hardware and software engineers developing, building and gaining acceptance of the ground based radar cross section measurement system at a number of UK.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to develop and deliver next generation systems, and manage the entire lifecycle from development, to build, to test, and acceptance.
You will work numerous stakeholders in a diverse team; the responsibilities include:
- Lead and motivate the project team (utilising members of the investment team, capability / end-users, business functions) to develop the next generation RCS measurement system;
- Delivery the project to time, cost and quality
- Successful engagement with stakeholders
- Managing and maintaining the project team to develop a cost effective and extendible solution
- Production of robust project plans and resource/cost schedules (EPM)
- Production of open, honest and timely reports on the status of the project
- Leadership of the project through the system engineering life cycle
- Support the business to develop future pipeline work
- Promotion of best practice
Experience and Qualifications
- Previous experience / Good understanding of working within in a UK Government or Defence based environment.
- Previously knowledge / experience with Solution Development.
- Experience working with Complex or Critical Projects, such as; Systems Integration, Electronic Systems, or Management Solutions. Bespoke Projects experience is desirable.
- Experience of systems and software engineering disciplines and life cycle to develop complex products in the defence domain
- Track record of successful delivery of development and system integration of software and electronic systems projects to defined cost, time-scale and budget;
- Degree in Project Management, or similar, or;
- Degree in Engineering, or Science with subsequent Project Management qualification or experience.
Location and Clearance
The position is based in Portsmouth and requires the successful candidate to go through SC clearance upon starting. Candidates must have worked/lived in the UK for the last 5 years in order to be eligible.
For more information about the role, or to determine if you are eligible for SC Clearance please contact Mark Maxwell on 01619243659.