Job Title: Lead Assessor
Location: West Brompton, London (this role will require frequent travel around the London area)
Salary: £44,000 to £48,000 plus 5% flexible benefits
As a member of the Recruitment Management Team, the Lead Assessor will manage a team of Assessors responsible for the delivery of Step Four of the National Police Promotion Framework (NPPF) for police officers seeking promotion to the rank of Sergeant or Inspector. You will lead the service to the required standards, maintaining accreditation as an approved centre able to deliver and assess a range of qualifications.
Lead Assessor Key Responsibilities:
- Manage the Assessor team to deliver a high quality, professional candidate experience through the assessment process.
- Ensuring that the agreed processes, standards, timescales and quality control meet the requirement of the National Police promotions Framework and accredited centre status.
- Drive high standards of service and productivity, continually seeking to review working practices and processes to ensure maximum efficiency.
- To review procedural materials to ensure these remain current, introducing innovation into delivery where permitted.
- Managing and scheduling your own work and the work of other Assessors to required timescales, quality and Service Levels.
- To act as main contact point and support for customers to resolve internal escalated queries and complaints.
- Ensuring the
- To manage changes within own area through the change management process
- To identify and implement improvements.
- To maintain/update procedural documentation.
- To comply with regulatory requirements where applicable.
- To build and maintain effective relationships with colleagues, customer, clients, suppliers and other Forces.
Lead Assessor Required Skills
- An appropriate qualification to meet assessor criteria by governing body.
- To be operationally credible with an in depth knowledge and understanding of policing, having a proven track record at management level.
- Experience of organising teams to deliver work to deadlines and a high standard.
- Excellent strategic policing awareness and the impact on forces priorities and operational policing.
- Highly developed influencing skills.
- Adopts a coaching and mentoring style to develop individuals.
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships at all levels.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to make and communicate difficult decisions and messages.
About the Company
SSCL is a joint venture between the Cabinet Office and Sopra Steria who delivers a range of high quality shared services for our Government and Police clients, enabling them to operate more efficiently and more effectively. SSCL provide Finance & Accounting, HR & Payroll and Procurement as well as specialist client-specific services. SSCL has five UK Centres of Excellence and, by streamlining and modernising systems and processes in the back office, we are transforming the way these services are delivered - providing better value for our clients and better value for the UK taxpayer.
More searches like this
- Central Government CTC Permanent £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in London (Central)
- Consultancy CTC Permanent £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in London (Central)
- Defence CTC Permanent £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in London (Central)
- Human Resources CTC Permanent £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in London (Central)
- Policing CTC Permanent £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in London (Central)