Second Line CyberSecurity SOC Engineer (m/f)
As the European specialist in cyber security, the mission of Airbus' CyberSecurity business is to protect governments, companies and critical infrastructures from cyber threats. Its trusted, high performance security products and services are able to detect, analyse and counter the most advanced cyber attacks.
A vacancy for a Second Line CyberSecurity SOC Engineer (m/f) has arisen within Airbus CyberSecurity in Corsham.
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Support the 3rd Line and SOC (Services Operations Centre) Lead Engineer as directed
- Provide the 2nd Line level assistance in resolving/coordinating incidents, applying diagnosis, maintenance, change and configuration control attributes to bring about a resolution
- Support the Firewall, IPS or SIEM subject matter expert for 2nd line SOC engineering tasks
- Assist in driving efficiency into technical delivery of relevant processes
- Action change(s) in formal asset / configuration control whilst maintaining SOC assets in any relevant CMDB
- Ensure ADHOC spreadsheets / asset tracker(s) are kept current (Firewall / IPS spreadsheets)
- Deliver operational change within KPIs/SLAs
- Provide support to the Problem Managers for relevant incidents within KPIs/SLAs
- Provide support to 3rd line for SOC Tooling
- Ensure SOC Tooling is performing, maintained and operated within KPIs/SLAs
The successful applicant should be able to work shifts and on call, if required.
- Educated to a degree level (or equivalent) in Engineering, IT or a related discipline
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of TCP/IP and ITIL
- You hold one of the following certifications or would be capable of holding one: Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician (CCENT), CompTIA Security, CompTIA Network, SEC401Security Essentials
- Experience with Wireshark Packet Analysis
- Experience in presenting and writing professional reports to key stakeholders
- Good time management skills and ability to work well in a team
- Fluent English
One or several of the following certifications and experiences would be a plus:
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- SEC503: Intrusion Detection In-Depth and SEC504: Hacker Tools, Techniques, Exploits, and Incident Handling
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Experience as an SIEM Administrator/Analyst
- Course in Fundamentals of Information Assurance in HMG (FIAHMG)
- CREST Registered Intrusion Analyst (CRIA)
This position will require a security clearance or will require being eligible for clearance by the recognised authorities. Please apply online for this vacancy at our careers site (www.jobs.airbusgroup.com) with your CV attached.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus Group using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus Group.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.