Infrastructure Security Senior Engineer - Cloud
Senior Security Engineer - Hammersmith - £80k
The Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer is required by a global online gaming company.
The role has a global responsibility and will be required to work with the Infrastructure Security Manager to define the strategy for running and improving the approach to infrastructure security. This role will also require defining and running with initiatives to continually improve the security processes and technologies.
The company is going through a large migration of their infrastructure to a cloud solution therefore for this position experience with cloud technologies such as AWS, Azure, Openstack etc is absolutely essential. A strong knowledge of IaaS and the security measures should be a strong point of yours. This multi-million pound project is at the forefront of their infrastructure and security and has a massive roll out which will see them as reference point for further companies when using this cloud platform.
Accountabilities of the Security Engineer role includes:
* Provide security guidance, consultation and direction on key projects and initiatives
* Act as the security point of contact for key projects
* Provide and engineer security requirements into the operations and engineering functions
* Own and deliver pieces of work to design and engineer new security services, or enhancements to existing services
* In a consultative manner, plan, lead, and contribute to the implementation of security solutions, based on agreed designs.
* Act as a mentor for the wider information security function
* Support the infrastructure security manager as the expert in infrastructure security
* Evaluate firewall rules and other change requests to assess organizational risk
* Assists with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls to known risks and threats
* Work with the wider technology teams to define infrastructure security standards and policies
* Create and drive adoption of infrastructure security standards and policies.
Key Strengths needed for the role:
* Broad experience of infrastructure security core disciplines such as vulnerability management, attack detection and log management. Able to understand and articulate the value each of these brings to the security function to a wide audience;
* In-depth knowledge of networking and other platform components
* Strong knowledge of IaaS and related security controls
* Strong technical knowledge of UNIX and Windows
* In-depth experience in approaches to securing corporate and production infrastructure
* Technical expert who can define infrastructure security standards and hardening methodologies
* Expert in enterprise firewall technologies for corporate and production environments
* Ability to evaluate and select control technologies / methodologies and monitor their effectiveness.
* Knowledge of IT Security best practices and standards (such as CIS, PCI DSS, etc.).
* The ability to design and engineer infrastructure security solutions
You will have a lot of autonomy in this role and get the chance to work alongside the wider team to direct and drive the company and its technology forward.
Salary: £60k - £80k with an excellent benefits package.
Apply with your CV to be considered.