Security Architect - London / Luton
Information Security Architect - Luton / London
An Information Security Architect is need by a leading UK based travel provider. As an Information Security Architect you will operate as part of the Information Security Group.
The Information Security Group provides security expertise for the organisation, working effectively with organisational functions such as legal, audit and technical support to provide authoritative advice and guidance on the requirements for security controls.
The business itself handles vast amounts of information that they have a legal and regulatory obligation to protect. The Information Security Group of which the Security Architect is part of drives the agenda to ensure they protect the brand, their reputation and more importantly, customers.
As an Information Security Architect you will be responsible for assisting the Information Security Manager and the Information Security Lead's with the implementation of new projects and activities that require Information Security involvement. You will liaise closely with IT Architecture, Technical Services, IT Solutions and Service Delivery teams in order to ensure that our solutions adhere to the Information Security policy and meet compliance and governance guidelines.
You will be tasked with the constant and continued development of comprehensive security target architecture to ensure alignment with Information Security Strategy, providing security business requirements for security solutions/initiatives and identifies areas to improve security posture.
The Information Security Architect will have input into the project management lifecycle and ensure that IT Architecture, Technical Services, IT Solutions and Service Delivery teams are aligned to the design and implementation. You will develop/manage a comprehensive library of Information Security Architectural Patterns that can be used and reused by project and design teams to control the security of information assets and technical systems.
You will ensure alignment of Information Security strategy to corporate strategy and business goals; both for UK & I and the whole group and will also recognise and utilise opportunities arising from business change to deliver improvements in the company's security posture.
You will be required to bring potential new technology, process, frameworks to the wider Information Security Group in order to increase security posture and better develop controls and supporting technology and also be expected to liaise with third party supplier liaison where required to better understand practice and process in design and implementation of solutions.
- Seasoned technical architect and information security enthusiast (development/architecture focus)
- Excellent knowledge of one or more of the following SABSA, TOGAF, MODAF/DODAF architectural methodology
- Excellent problem solving, organisational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent Information Security Audit skills and experience
- Excellent risk and incident management skills - focussed on Information Security
- Good knowledge of various Information Security Areas such as Identity and Access Management, Threat and Vulnerability Management, Risk and Incident Management and Governance, Compliance and legal governance
- Excellent knowledge of software development lifecycles and development and release techniques; Agile, Waterfall etc
- Excellent knowledge of secure coding practices and standards such as OWASP, CERT etc
- Good knowledge of Cobit 5, ISO 27001 and PCI DSS Preferable Criteria:
- CISSP/CISSP-ISSAP Qualification or similarLocation: Luton
- Salary: Flexible depending on experience