£40,000 + 5% Flex Benefits
(All applicants must be eligible for SC Clearance )
Role Overview: As an applications support engineer, you will be providing specialist support to LSRC Customers and task personnel in the applications used on the reference systems.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Fulfil the duties of the Applications Support Engineer by conducting functional testing on military applications.
- Provide support, advice, guidance and configuration management for applications in the test environment.
- Be able to implement a test system.
- Assist Task Managers and other LSRC staff to plan the use of applications within specific test scenarios to meet customer requirements.
- Produce functional test schedules to exercise defined user actions.
- Maintain a library of test schedules so that they may be reused for regression testing.
- Recording usage and incident data.
- Providing Level 1 and Level 2 maintenance and repairs to LSRC applications.
- Managing tasks in accordance with current LSRC task procedures.
- An applications engineer with experience of testing communications, information and application hosting systems for Defence.
- Server and network support qualifications, such as VMWare/Hyper-V, MCSE/MCITP and CCNA/CCNP would be highly desirable.
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office products including Word, Excel and Visio.
- Experience in the use of programming languages and SQL commands in support of testing activities is desirable.
- Qualified to ISTQB foundation level desirable, advanced would be preferable.
EXCLUSIVE OPPORTUNITY: Sopra Steria, a European leader in digital transformation, provides one of the most comprehensive portfolios of end-to-end service offerings on the market: consulting, systems integration, software development, infrastructure management and business process services. Sopra Steria is trusted by leading private and public-sector organisations to deliver successful transformation programmes that address their most complex and critical business challenges. Combining high quality and performance services, added value and innovation, Sopra Steria enables its clients to make the best use of digital technology.
With over 38,000 employees in more than 20 countries and revenue of €3.6 billion in 2015, this is a great time to join the organisation as you will be pivotal to our continued development and growth plans. We’re offering you the opportunity to do more too - using your business skills and knowledge, and your creativity, to add more value than clients would traditionally expect.
About this Company
On offer is the opportunity to work for a European leader in digital transformation. The roles come with competitive salaries, the opportunity for further development and the potential for a wide and diverse career within Sopra Steria.
Sopra Steria is committed to establishing and maintaining a working environment which is free from discrimination and which values all employees as individuals. All employees and prospective employees are selected, recruited, trained and promoted solely on the basis of their skills and behaviour.
Apply for Application Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More jobs like this
- £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent SC Consultancy jobs in Blandford Forum
- £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent SC Defence jobs in Blandford Forum
- £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent SC Information Technology jobs in Blandford Forum
- £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent SC Public Sector jobs in Blandford Forum
- £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent SC Security jobs in Blandford Forum