Project Manager, Home Office, up to £540/day
Our client, the Home Office, are seeking a Project Manager to work in their Border Force unit based at 2 Marsham Street, London, SW1P 4DF.
Contract length is 132 days starting asap following selection process. The contract offers a rate up to £540/day. Interviews intended to take place w/c 20/02/17.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: 17/02/17, 1:00pm.
The role will require Active SC clearance to allow start onsite. Please do not apply if you are not eligible to gain SC clearance. Those holding existing clearance will be preferred.
To be successful in these challenging yet rewarding technical delivery roles, you will be an exceptional leader with the proven ability to set a strong direction and convey persuasive future vision at all levels of an organisation. You will have a proven track record in delivering complex programmes, preferably in both complex, multi-supplier environments and in-house development environments You will be a strong and resilient deliverer with skills in collaborating effectively and achieving tangible outcomes in the face of significant challenges. You must have the interpersonal skills to be able to fit will into an established team and to operate with credibility with subject matter experts. You should have an understanding of how government machinery works. You will be able to demonstrate strong planning and organising skills combined with the ability to balance conflicting and changing demands in a deadline-driven situation. Your excellent communication skills enable you to explain complex issues in a way that is understandable by a wide range of audiences; which coupled with your good influencing skills enable you to inspire multidisciplinary teams and build successful relationships at all levels. The post is specifically focused on activity relating to contingency planning and operational readiness for EU Exit.
Key Tasks and Deliverables
· Plans, schedules, monitors, and reports on activities related to the project;1
· Facilitates the creation of communication plans, ensuring that appropriate information is exchanged among key stakeholders2
· Identifies and recommends contingency measures where required/necessary3;
· Support wider programme projects as instructed otherwise by the Delivery Director4;
· Determine, monitor, and review all project economics to include costs, operational budgets, staffing requirements, sub-contractors, resources, and risk;
· Identifies and assembles the appropriate blend of resources to meet project needs and requirements, includes sub-contractor selection;
· Ensures adherence to legally binding requirements and customer long-term goals;
· Facilitates status review meetings among project team members and customers as and when required or directed;
· Controls project requirements, scope, and change management issues;
· Coaches and counsels members of cross-functional teams to accomplish project, to meet established schedules or resolve technical/operational issues;
· Establishes appropriate metrics for measuring key programme criteria;
· Escalation of necessary risks and/or issues to senior management where required including resolution/mitigation plan;
· Specific project milestones/targets will be agreed locally within the programme.
· Experience in a large scale agile environment, including familiarity with newer analysis processes such as user story mapping;
· Experienced in managing multiple agile technical projects demonstrating a good understanding of technical infrastructure;
· Able to communicate with key stakeholders at varying levels in both written and verbal communication, including the translation of technical communication to something understandable for a wider audience;
· Adhere to agreed project delivery standards ensuring output/delivery is fit for purpose;
· Experience in managing project teams, providing direction and support throughout the project lifecycle;
· Candidate must be able to demonstrate experience in financial management of projects;
· Experience of managing dispersed and complex project teams.
o Awareness of the Border Force/Home Office business would be an advantage
· Strong understanding of the government's digital and technology transformation agenda and why the government is changing the way it does digital and technology projects
· Management experience of initiating, developing, implementing and evaluating project initiatives, demonstrating the capacity to think strategically and to develop innovative and practical responses to a range of management and service issues
· ITIL qualifications
· PRINCE2 Foundation/Practitioner
· MSP Practitioner
The role will be based at 2 Marsham Street, but involve travel to Croydon, Belfont Lakes, West London – Air and sea ports as required.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK, this role will not offer Visa sponsorship. Tier 2 – General visas cannot be accepted.
I, Gordon Baisley, with be the consultant for this role. Please first submit applications via Security Cleared Jobs. If you have questions or comments, please feel free to follow up by email to Gordon@quast.uk.com
More jobs like this
- £150,000 Plus Contract SC Central Government jobs in London (Central)
- £150,000 Plus Contract SC Information Technology jobs in London (Central)
- £150,000 Plus Contract SC Public Sector jobs in London (Central)
- £150,000 Plus Contract SC Security jobs in London (Central)
- £150,000 Plus Contract SC Counter Terrorism jobs in London (Central)